My windows 10 apps have disappeared

How i hate windows 10
nothing goes right with it
Now the apps have disappeared and its is now impossible to open the computer in the normal way
I dont know howto get into programs word etc
Have done troubleshooting but says i have to have a Microsoft account i don’t know how.:022:

1 Like

Hi Muddy :slight_smile: sorry I am not much help to you, I am just getting used to W10 on my new laptop and scared of doing something wrong.
Setting up a Microsoft account is easy you just need your email address and password, you must have used one when the PC was set up.
If you don’t have it try setting up an account and say your password is lost and they will reset it.

Thanks Meg will give it a try

Muddy :slight_smile: you can also right click on the windows start button in the left corner of the screen to bring up the search menu and select the apps button bottom left, or type ‘apps’ and go to the top section of suggestions :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is not the easiest option it is still pressing buttons and trial and error for me :slight_smile:

Can’t help we’ve not had much luck with ten it made my laptop die :frowning: hence the iPad. I hope you can get them back one sun Ray on the horizon at lest you can still get on here !

Widows 10 will not load if you don’t have a Microsoft account, so you must have one.
It will be either an Hotmail or Outlook email address that is all it means.

I am so glad I wasn’t bullied by Microsoft into changing to Windows 10. It seems you all have endless problems.

I don’t know
if was running now the start menus and all apps have all disappeared I can only get on the internet from the firefox icon

Windows 10 lols

The world where they control your computer rather than the other way around. Microsoft Accounts compulsory ?? lols. It’s just gonna be a major selling platform imo.

So glad I stayed well clear.

I did have to reset my network adapter a couple of days ago, could not get on the internet at all. Luckily I had access to a works computer ad found out how to do that.

I am also using Windows 10 for few months. Now my PC has infected with virus. Very sad!

I’ve heard so many bad things about Windows 10. It seems to have been poorly thought out and implemented.

I had several problems with W10, and that was with a brand new computer with W10 installed. My wife had similar problems when Microsoft ‘upgraded’ her W7 laptop to W10 without asking her and whilst she wasn’t looking.

Windows 7 was, in my experience, the best version of Windows yet and, to be honest, I see very little improvement in W10 over W7. Indeed, there are aspects of W7 (for example Windows Update) that have become inferior in W10.

Why can’t they leave things alone which work well? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I agree about leave well alone JB but Microsoft no doubt make a lot of money out of their upgrades to new OS the greedy beggars :lol:. I also liked W7 best.

My new Laptop had W10 installed and so far I think it is am improvement on the dreadful W8 with its silly tiles and ‘corners’ .

Time will tell :slight_smile:

Oh yes. W8 was, like Vista, the pits. I’ve never heard anyone saying anything good about it.

Had this on my PC some weeks ago…

It turned out that there was a corrupted app file, in W10.

To get round it I had to create a new user account - in control panel, and found that to work OK.

Once that was done it was just a case of copying and pasting all of the app files (in Windows Explorer)
to where they should be.

Suspect that an update had caused the problem but don’t know which one.

Mr Mud has fixed the problem he rebooted the PC a couple of times and somehow we retrieved some of the apps .
I think the PC is on its way out it’s never coped well with windows 10 but it’s only 6 yeas old.

Muddy,

Since being on the W10 Insider Program (which is a group asked to try out the W10 before the full release) I have noted that there are several PCs (usually Laptop types) which cannot be updated to W10.

Even after running the W10 upgrade check out program more seem to be added to the list of those which might well not work.

In event, this may well not be a Microsoft issue.
Manufacturers have long known of the BIOS and driver levels considered to be “essential” But some PC builders have opted to refuse to update some of their products which, presumably, means they hope to push the owner into buying a new PC instead.

For me, if I found that my manufacturer had treated me this way I’d never buy off them again.

I won’t name the baddies here but you can usually go to your pc website and check that the upgrade will work.

I have a Dell and it was fine until I uploaded windows 10 and since then nothing has gone right it lost all my files in the upload loads more were corrupted .
I also find windows 10 very difficult I can do less on my computer than I did years ago !

I don’t know how long you’ve had W10, but I believe that within a certain time limit you can go back to what you had before: preferably W7 and not the W8 abortion.

That’s interesting Ted, I only got my new laptop last week, I turned it on and it spent half the day downloading an upgrade something to do with BIOS. I was a bit surprised having expected everything to be more or less up to date on a new laptop, it took ages to install . It is a Dell, I always have Dell.