My Ripper Theory

It was Prince Andrew. But he will never get a fair trial for it.

Hi

A fascinating question and one which is asked if you are being interviewed for certain jobs.

It is not a trick question, it is one designed to test your capability to ask the questions and come to a conclusion.

The correct answer is we do not know

Admitting you do not know is a sign of your intelligence, taking a guess is simply not on.

Ah, well, the real reason Sherlock Holmes did not investigate Jack the Ripper may have something to do with this:

“There is a great deal of debate over whether or not Jack the Ripper possessed any medical knowledge.
The question of whether he did or not was raised several times during the inquests into the deaths of the victims, and, although several of the doctors who gave expert testimony were of the opinion that he demonstrated a certain degree of anatomical knowledge, they differed in their opinions of how much anatomical knowledge the murderer had exhibited.”

Maybe it wasn’t Holmes himself but someone he knew and he did not want to point the finger at him - who did Sherlock Holmes know who had some medical and anatomical knowledge? … hmmm …. :thinking:
Elementary, my dear Watson! :scream:

2 Likes

Was H.H. Holmes also Jack the Ripper?

Image result for when was HH Holmes active

The murderer received the moniker “Jack the Ripper” and the legend of his killings has been fully solidified in history and in media. … Jeff Mudgett, a lawyer and former Commander in the U.S. Naval Reserve, claims that his great-great-grandfather, H.H. Holmes was, in fact, Jack the Ripper.

It’s a ripper theory.

It makes a ripping good yarn I know that much. :lol:

Patricia Cornwell wrote a book about Jack The Ripper too. She concluded it was Walter Sickert, the British impressionist painter. Her book was titled “Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed”

Yes ( see my post on WS ) but she is a nutcase who believes the McCanns were involved in the disappearance of their daughter ( please please let’s not go down that road ) she thinks she is Kay Scarpetta.

Why the assumption that the Ripper was male?

I have read that there may well have been. It’s plausible that a female would have been easier to get closer to the victims and made them more vulnerable.

1 Like

“Ripper victim, Mary Kelly, hours after she was murdered, the chief inspector in the case suggested it might have been the female killer escaping in Kelly’s clothing. Later proponents of this “Jill the Ripper” theory suggest that a midwife (possibly an abortionist) would have had the anatomical knowledge usually attributed to the Ripper, and would have had easy access to her female victims. As the theory goes, the most likely suspect may be Mary Pearcey, who was convicted and hanged in 1890 for the murder of her lover’s wife and child—and who had used a method similar to the Ripper’s to commit the crime.”

1 Like

Very interesting indeed. My knowledge of the history is woefully inadequate. Does anyone know whether there were signs of sexual activity involving the victims as part of the attack?

The incredible violence associated with the crime suggest the strength of a man .

I just found something on Amazon … another author who has tied together Arthur Conan Doyle and Oscar Wilde as a detective duo.

Vaughn Entwhistle.
It’s a series of 4 books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H16DYRT?ref_=dbs_m_mng_rwt_calw_tkin_0&storeType=ebooks

You might already have heard of the writer but I remember you saying you loved Oscar Wilde.

Oooh thanks Morty, I shall have to look into that.

Done a few “Rippers” in my time, wouldn’t have taken a detectives nose to sniff me out. :icon_wink:

I think the Ripper was actually three people working as team - Raffles, Lord Peter Wimsey and Paul Temple!

1 Like

@SilverTabby …Paul Temple … my mum fancied him. …and Raffles. I can’t remember Peter Wimsey.

:face_vomiting: :rofl:

Actually, I think that could be the truth, though not necessarily those three.
There are examples of ‘The Ripper’ doing some things which would be difficult to escape from if he were only one person. Three people working together, though, and agreeing to use exactly the same ‘techniques’ would confuse the police detecting ‘him’.

1 Like

:rofl: Yeah, sometimes they make your bum cheeks slap together too.