My new Crossland Elite

Sounds like you have already decided, Judsy.
Best make a start on excavating your wallet, as that could take a good while. :grinning:

Was thinking of passing the hat round in here first, or opening a crowdfunding page. :smiley:

On reflection, I’m not happy with the garage I did the test drive with. Their website advertised (and still does) the car at an on the road price of £xxxxx including 1st year road fund licence and registration fee. On the quote they’ve given me, they’re wanting to charge £610 for both of those in addition to the showroom price. Another thing, they were trying to add car carpets with the MG logo embroidered in and some protective coating or other on the bodywork to the price - both superfluous IMO. I’m just wondering if the extra £610 is to cover the loss of revenue for the carpets and the (expensive) coating? I shall challenge them on this in due course.
In the meantime, I shall check other garages for deals.

The more you drive the auto the more you’ll like it,

Well worth shopping around for similar cars, let them know you’re not happy with what they offer.

1 Like

Rat bags.
I dont like the sound of 'em, Judd.
If they try it on at this early stage, then I wouldnt trust 'em with the rest of the deal.
My Fiat garage tried similar when I bought mine, and I learned from that.
If it dont feel right - dont hand over your hard earned dosh to them. You will find another if its meant to be.

Just an update have had it almost three months now, just over 2,000 miles, been on the motorway a few times, relaxing to drive, all in all I’m pleased with it, 50mpg could be better one supposes but could be worse .Never will go back to a manual transmission now.

2 Likes

It looks stylish.

1 Like

Thanks, I like it, the automatic headlights that dip when a car is approaching is something else, how does it know, super sensitive sensors somewhere, I should add that I’ve only been out in the dark to use them once and that was way back in March.

Yes, sensors I’d assume. I got used to them as well e.g. when the lights go on automatically in a car park or my deep-level garage.