My new Crossland Elite

I’ll update as I go along, Its a Automatic and first impressions of driving one is I like it, not looking for gears , Pulling off is a little different with no clutch control but the more I drive it’ll be second nature I’m sure.

5 Likes

Sorry @caricature but that is one ugly car. :grinning:

2 Likes

Each to his own, but if we all liked the same then it’ll be a sad world.

2 Likes

I think it is more the colour or rather the two tone black top and white bottom which so many cars have these days. Two of my neighbours have different types of cars which are both this colour scheme as an man who for a while worked at one of Peter Vardy’s car showrooms getting cars ready there are two colours which are a pain, black and white both of which look dirty in a very short space of time.
I have driven thousand of cars in my life and automatics were alays a mystery to me.
Enjoy your new car. :smiley::smiley:

Yeah I know about Black ,the Astra I just swapped in was Black .

Oooo I love that car. Swap me?

2 Likes

Wow!!..that is one smart car, my son has an automatic,Caricature, he prefers it to a manual.:+1::+1:

1 Like

I like white as a car colour. I’m on my third.
I’ve had a Nova, Astra and the car I have now the Zafira.
I’ve looked at the Crossland as a replacement for my Zafira (they arent making them any more). Thing I was concerned about was the boot space. It didn’t look as spacious as the Zafira.
Enjoy the new car (don’t take any notice of the nasty man :joy:)

We have had two Zafira’s , little too large for us now but super cars .

1 Like

Still have both daughters at home and they come with us on holiday. So the larger boot comes in handy.
We’ve always had Vauxhalls of one make or another. Yeah I like mine it’s been and still is a good work horse. I also like the high driving position. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They’ve gone from multi purpose like Zafiras to SUV’s not sure why, all makers seem the same.

1 Like

I must admit I prefer the new mokka, but since psa got involved, Vauxhall are making some good looking cars

Me too, Chillie. I like my white car and would definitely have another one.
Here’s my little white Panda last winter. :smiley:

Enjoy your new car, Caricature. :+1:

2 Likes

They do show up the dirt a bit, but look nice when clean and shiny

1 Like

@Mups:joy: who left the little paw prints on your car Mups? Are they badgers?

2 Likes

Deleted

Just me enjoying my second childhood, Morti. x :smiley:

• Hey Mort, they’re some sexy heels you’ve got on your little trotters now? Are they new? :smiley:
2 Likes

Been out shopping today, its a 12 mile drive to the Supermarket along what is mostly a 40 mph stretch of link road which is being upgraded, tested out cruise control, simple just like the Astra, also start stop when in the McDonalds queue worked a treat never had that before, bit strange coming up to roundabouts in an Automatic, weary of not trying to find a clutch pedal to get over the feeling of stalling and it was fine.
Off to Lichfield on Monday no need to treat it timidly I’m told by the supplier it won’t over rev being an Auto.

2 Likes

Been out and about some more today, down big dipper called Langridge Ford, 25% hill what ever that is, was a 1 in 4 in old money , which if memory serves was for every 4 ft travelled you either went 1ft down or up.Any how engine held back well .Twisty country roads and the Auto gear box is a doddle.

1 Like

I’ve been driving an automatic for so many years now I would forget what to do in a manual. Changing gears constantly started to hurt my arthritic hand(s) so swapped to the auto. Love it.

1 Like