My M&S Foodstore review

From the first time that I ever came across M&S food which was a small section in the ordinary clothes store on Chiswick High Street in the late 1970s (IIRC), I’ve always found their food to have a certain something about it which made it special. My early favourite was the coronation chicken sandwich and the tandoori chicken drumsticks.

As the years have progressed and the brand expanded until the fairly recent development of stand alone food stores, the quality of their products as well as the variety of new things has continued to impress.

Sure, some things do seem a tad more pricey than other stores, but in reality not overly so. I’ve yet to have a bad product, which suggests that they choose carefully and wisely.

Nowadays we have the added bonus of a small discount due to a member of family being employed by M&S.

I can’t comment on the ethics of their sources, but they seem good employers, the staff are always helpful and the food is good.

Overall score 95%

4 Likes

My Son always shops at M & S for the majority of his food and says it’s no more expensive that other food stores, as you get a lot of deals, he was telling me, he prefers M@S to any other supermarket…he loves the quality of their food.

1 Like

I have used M&S a lot for convenience foods since not having a proper kitchen due to renovations…have to admit the quality is good although of course its at a price…I agree 9 out of 10 for convenience foods.

I wouldnt do.my everyday shopping there though the Yorkshire in me wouldn’t allow that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the M&S plant kitchen range is good especially the no chicken Kyiv , now even tastier as it’s on offer .

The quest for excellence has narrowed either M&S has dumbed down its food or supermarket rivals have upped their game with ranges like taste the difference ….there’s little difference imo now.

1 Like

Can’t beat M & S food. I do occasionally shop there for food but thinking about it I havent in a while.

In the Indian section they have chicken tikka pieces, expensive but oh so tasty.

1 Like

Their underpants and socks are still my favourite purchases…
Opps, sorry, it’s about food isn’t it…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I love M n S.
There wholemeal un-cut 800g loaf is the best,
Then again it is £2-20,but honestly worth every penny,and it lasts a week too.

1 Like

Must be honest - I do not often shop in M&S - rarely for food, never for clothes. Have tried their Crisps, Bread, Rolls and Pastries - didn’t like them very much.

1 Like

Oh and their peanut butter and caramel chunkies…ohhhhh so good. Now I want one!

1 Like

We should use them otherwise they will end up the same as BHS, C&A and Woolies.
I just hate internet shopping…
:rage:

2 Likes

I think the food stores are holding their own foxy.

With the demise of Debenhams, I now shop exclusively at M&S…With the odd pair of shorts from Next. I suppose M&S had to move more into food or else they would be gone by now.

1 Like

I’ve always been more than happy with M&S food. Yes some things can be a little pricey, but they have some good offers too.

I bought two ‘no beef’ steak pies for my veggie daughter and granddaughter the other day, and my daughter said they were absolutely delicious. They were £4 for the pack of 2, maybe a little dearer than others I’ve seen, but definitely worth the extra.

Their ready meals are always good, greengrocery is always well presented, looking fresh and appetising, which is more than I can often say for many supermarkets. I have never found a bruised apple in a pack, or rotten strawberries hiding at the bottom of punnets, everything is always of the highest quality.

Yes, I’d go along with a 90 - 95% rating.

1 Like

We go there for the salmon. Nothing special about it except the small portions are individually wrapped/sealed, so good for the freezer, and quick to defrost in a pan of cold water.

1 Like