My home phone has stopped working

Approx. ten years old BT cordless bells & whistles rubbish but good (HD) sound quality when used on speaker handsfree.

So I need to replace it. I have a landline for two reasons really: it’s comes with the internet package, my sister-in-law in Lisbon can call free from her PT mobile to UK landline and talk endlessly after 9pm.

I’m wondering what the options are. I want something simple, easy to use (Ms d00d not very techie), genuine quality sound on speaker/handsfree, cordless.

Sorry, I’m not techie either.

I can’t stand those phones that you put on speaker, you can’t hear what they are saying properly, my son does that to me also my doctor…I asked them to go back to hand held, because I couldn’t hear what either were saying,:tired_face:

Yeah well I wear hearing aids so can’t really put the phone to my ear, it whistles. I use my mobile in a quiet environment on speaker held about 6" away. The phone pictured above has better sound, used normally in its cradle 2’ away from my ear.

1 Like

My home phone system of 4 handsets by Gigaset has the aid connection facility and all 4 work well :+1: The only down side is the base station does not have battery back-up.
Gigaset Telephone, Smartphone & Smart Home Solutions

Thanks LD … had a look, will have another look later. I only want one handset. And when you say ‘aid connection facility’, is that to do with switching to loop, or some other prog, on the H Aid?

1 Like

My set of 4 has the telecoil HA compatibility. On the Siemens Gigaset website, they have a chat facility and I’m sure they would point you in the right direction for a single handset model.
If it’s any help with Gigaset, the model number H tacked on the end indicates HA compatible.

Our landline phone is a Panasonic DECT Model no. KX-TGA551E that’s about 10years old, has answer phone, number blocker, etc and is still working perfectly OK. It came as a 3 handset set

Thanks again … just not sure I need a HA compatible phone. My last one, just packed up, was not, just quality sound. Hmmm …

I’m a big fan, had lots of Panasonic gear over the years. Will google their latest phones. Cheers.