My heating came on this morning

I don’t think I remember them using it, but I believe they used to. It was always hanging in the kitchen. When it was cold they left the Rayburn simmering all night.

1 Like

My indoor temperature at 7 am was 23.5 without any heating on. We are lucky to have these temperatures in October, the downside being it’s most likely due to global warming.

1 Like

Hi

Some News

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/23841533.winter-fuel-payments-removed-pensioners/

1 Like

That would never even be considered this side of a general election because they know their greatest support comes from the retired or soon to be retired.

1 Like

Winter fuel allowance should imo just be for the poorest .
A long with the £10 Xmas bonus , I had no idea I got £10 until I spotted on my statement ,thought what the heck’s that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I don’t spend any of it on fuel …

House temp was 20.5, outside 13c this morning . Amazing for this time of year .

2 Likes

I’m surprised at you Bruce…no mention of Rambling Syd Rumpo?
Kenneth Williams did a terrific Australian song…all that stuffing of tucker bags and twisting of woggle irons :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I do not spend a single penny paid to me via the DWP as it goes straight into my disabled daughter’s account to run her adapted car and extra heating as and when needed. I mainly live of my investments and other cash generating offsetting together with my wife who does the same.

1 Like

My spending was more of a selfish frivolous nature.
You would hope if the WFA was means tested there would be money in the pot for those with needs.
But no it never seems to workout like that.
You are a smashing dad😊

My four daughters and their children, my grandchildren, all benefit from my investments that have accumulated over the past 3 decades. Neither my wife or I can take a single penny with us when we are called, so I believe in distributing as much as possible while I’m alive and then watch them all benefit from it :+1:

2 Likes