My first Strawberries!

If I can find some space in the allotment beds, I’m having a go for next year :smiley: I used to go strawberry picking when I was a kid…50p a punnet I got, heh, I thought I was rich :smiley:

And, probably, just as tasteless.

Ohhh don’t, you are making me want that so much now, haha! A pinch of salt, tiny bit of branston pickle…delicious! :-p

Yum,yum,can I have some, they look lovely,Mags.

I bet you’ve scoffed the lot by now!

Oh how lovely! Ours a quite a bit behind as we didn’t plant them till the beginning of May. They’re coming on though, and I hope they’ll be as lovely as yours look!

Thanks everyone, they were delicious! :smiley:

I’ve tried different strawberries in the shops but they all seem to taste the same and I could never find a shop that sold my favourite, Cheddar strawberries.

I looked at Thompson & Morgan site and the different strawberry plants and recognised the name of the ones Meg grows … Mara de Bois! That was good enough for me, if Meg likes them, they must be good! ;-):smiley:

I planted them (dry root) in troughs towards the end of March.

Photos of your strawberries would be welcome here folks!

Whoa Percy! Don’t you love pumpkin? I think it tastes wonderful :smiley:

It is so nice to taste proper strawberries, not ones that have been frozen and shipped in. Well done Mags.

Thanks LD :smiley:

Only one round for me, I am on a diet after too long on lockdown. Oh and don’t forget the coffee, strong with milk and just half a teaspoon of sugar. Thanks! :wink: :slight_smile:

Movement is exercise, :wink: so the kettle is right over there, help yourself! :smiley:

Seeing as Scotland is about 450-500 miles from me I think that exercise, 150 hours walking, might just be worthy of another round or two on arrival! :wink: :slight_smile:

Oh wow look at those…I’m going to grow some next year …gosh the things I’m going to do next year now I have a greenhouse :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

sigh ok, if you insist then. Could you pick up some sugar on the way though, thanks. I’m all out of it right now. Oh and some bread too…a bloomer would do. Cheers :smiley:

:023: OK, will do.

Now, how many hours are there in a week – 168? See you in a couple of months or so then, providing I don’t expire on the way! :wink: :slight_smile:

Well done. They look delicious.

Sorry Pixie, as far as I’m concerned, pumpkins are only good enough for carving at Halloween and feeding to pigs.

Stuck your foot in that one :lol:
There’s your losing weight solution right there. :-p

Ahh Percy…you need some good old fashioned spicy pumpkin soup. That’ll change your mind I’m sure! :lol:

Was just going there. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread and pumpkin soup are a few delicious things made from pumpkin. Pumpkin /carrot and ginger soup is soooo good