My favourite food outlet raised the price of my favourite dish by 40%

Simple Biriyani Rice, which is 90% rice, with spices.
Being a tight wad as I am, 40% was high enough for me to say, “Sorry, but the rise is too much. I will go elsewhere.”

1 Like

Or get some basmati rice and make it yourself :wink:

2 Likes

Got me some at home. I intend to make my own from now.
This was the only time I dine out, after work on a Friday. No more though.

1 Like

40% increase for no real reason seems to be the magic figure for those in business at the moment.

In that case I take back my comment… don’t be stingy treat yourself to a takeaway :joy:

Some people pay, some like me walk away. I hate being used as a cash cow. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

I paid 89p for a box of cereal last week,went to buy the same yesterday and the price went up to £1,89.
They can keep it.

1 Like

Disgusting people who do this. There are no checks and balances. If the price is too high the public has the right to not buy it.
A Supermarket here made $900 million profit in 6 months, Disgraceful goings on.

2 Likes

Another trick they are doing, is cutting down the weight of the product, hoping you don’t notice, then having the cheek to increase the price! My wife showed me a packet of Taylors of Harrogate Italian Blend No. 4 Coffee that we bought today for an increased price. Our previous one which we still had, was 227gms, this new one 200gms! Ouch!! :exploding_head: :anguished:

2 Likes

BBC Asian Network looked at the top 50 Indian restaurants as voted by diners on Tripadvisor and compared the price of those meals in cities around the UK.

Nationally, the average price of a chicken curry is £10.95 - which rises to £17.85 when you add rice, a naan and a poppadom.

The research covered the capitals of each UK nation - London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast - as well as Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester.

It found London was the most expensive place for a curry at £12.95, going up to £20.45 with all the extras.

While the most affordable major city was Cardiff, with a chicken curry costing £9.93 or £16.78 with rice, a naan and a poppadom.

Yer pays yer money … :man_shrugging:

I always think rice dishes are a bit of a rip off in restaurants and takeaways

I keep some frozen rice from Iceland in the freezer, the pilau and the egg fried and we heat those up while we’re waiting for the take away to be delivered! Better to save the money for the other dishes :rofl:

But if I’m cooking biryani rice, egg fried rice etc are ridiculously cheap and easy to make :woman_shrugging:

Hi

India has banned the export of all rice except Basmati due to a very poor harvest.

1 Like

Could`nt agree more Bretrick,pure greed.

1 Like