My coiled rope bag .... er, dolls bed!

Aw thanks Pesta! What a lovely thing to say :heart:

A Moses basket your grandaughter will love it .

1 Like

She already does love it @Muddy, but if I can get it back and add handles, as Pauline suggested, I think she’ll love it even more!

Can you show us it again ,if you decide to put handles on it Bathsheba?.:+1:

Yes of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

O0oo …I do like that! Now I’m interested in having a go. Where can I find out what I need to try it out for myself please?

2 Likes

I used a soft macrame rope for this, which isn’t really that great for this sort of thing. The best rope to use is a cotton washing line / sashcord, which has a synthetic core, and therefore holds its shape much better. There are lots of video tutorials on the tube for coiled rope bowls.

This is the rope I normally use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CSMH6T6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Thanks for all that info and I’ll check it out as soon as I’m back from my morning hospital appointment :+1:

1 Like

Here’s the finished Moses basket @pauline3. I’m so pleased you suggested it because it really is much nicer now I think! Thank you :blush:

5 Likes

What a huge difference, Sheba! It looks amazing with the handles, well done! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Pixie, I have to agree with you!

I’m pretty sure that my granddaughters would absolutely love one of those @Bathsheba , it looks amazing.
:023:

1 Like

Aw thanks Zaphod - I know I would have loved one when I was little! My mum used to make darling little doll beds by covering the lid of an egg box with pretty fabric, and stuffing underneath, with a quilted cover and pillow. God I loved those so much!

1 Like

Did you hot gun glue it Bathsheba?

1 Like

Now it’s complete, I absolutely love it!!!:heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

No - I undid some of the rope, back a couple of rounds, then joined some more rope on. To get the handles you have to mark where you want them with pins, and then you stitch the rope up to the first pin, cut the thread and then measure the length for the handle, then start sewing to attach it again at the next pin. Once you’ve done both handles you continue round till the handles have 3 rows of rope, then finish off.

“Now it’s complete, I absolutely love it!!!:heartpulse::heartpulse”

Thanks Pauline :blush:

1 Like

That’s brilliant @Bathsheba, the added handles have made a great difference to it!

1 Like

Thanks Mags, yes I agree that simple tweak has made a world of difference.

Aaah bless Bathsheba. Well done, You’ve done a grand job adding those handles.
Will you stop making me feel soppy all over again? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Haha, I love that you feel soppy looking at this, and I know exactly what you mean - I feel that way so often looking at cute little girl things like this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Oh, and thanks :blush:

1 Like