My coiled rope bag .... er, dolls bed!

Well I said in the Good Morning thread that I was going to try a rope bag today. Hmm, didn’t quite work out like that, because for some reason it was going rather wavy along the sides, making it tricky to keep sewing more rounds. So I cut the rope, finished it off and gave up.

Then I looked at it and thought, “hang on, I know what I can do with this!” An hour later I have a little bed for one of my granddaughter’s dolls, complete with mattress, blanket, quilt and pillow! Mind you, knowing her it’ll end up as a bed for a dinosaur or a dragon :rofl:

9 Likes

Well the best laid plans that go awry, usually turn out the best! Love this…and I’m sure the dragon or dinosaur will too! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Pixie. At least the project didn’t go to waste - I hate it when that happens! I think the problem was the rope I was using, a soft 100% cotton macrame cord. I’m going too have another go at a bag, but this time with sash cord, which always seems to behave better.

That is absolutely brilliant. Your granddaughter will love it I am sure.

1 Like

Thanks Tabby, I do hope so!

That’s brilliant … in fact I can see the dragon and the dinosaur sharing that together! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Mags, and yes I think you could be right, haha!

How lovely Bathsheba :grin::two_hearts:

1 Like

It reminds me of a Moses basket, but without the handles, it’s lovely,:heartpulse:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks Rhian :blush:

Oh now why didn’t I think of putting handles on it? Hmm, might have to get it back and add them! Thanks for the tip Pauline :blush:

1 Like

She can carry it around then ,with her babies in it, or what ever she decides to put init.:heartpulse:

1 Like

Exactly! She’ll love it even more :blush:

1 Like

I love that Bathsheba… I’m sat here smiling looking at it and going Awwwww. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Aw thanks Pesta! What a lovely thing to say :heart:

A Moses basket your grandaughter will love it .

1 Like

She already does love it @Muddy, but if I can get it back and add handles, as Pauline suggested, I think she’ll love it even more!

Can you show us it again ,if you decide to put handles on it Bathsheba?.:+1:

Yes of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

O0oo …I do like that! Now I’m interested in having a go. Where can I find out what I need to try it out for myself please?

2 Likes