My Carriage Ride around the Belvoir Estate

It was a most enjoyable morning , the carriage was a Landau dating back to 1910, I went with my Son and his Partner , my daughter who booked it was not able to get over due to work commitments .
Daniel and Sarah are the Carriage owners , Daniel had been a Carriage Driver in the Royal Horse Guards .The Horses were so quite and Daniel spoke softly to them ,

Hope you enjoy the few Photos we took

12 Likes

for @Chelsea62 photos .

1 Like

Glad you had a nice time. Lovely photos.

2 Likes

Thank you Jazzi.

Excellent photographs well taken :+1:It’s nice to see you enjoying a day out with family.

1 Like

Now that’s the way to travel!

2 Likes

Thank you @LongDriver and @Chilliboot , it was a most relaxing and comfortable ride , and we discussed how it use to be in those days travelling that way.
Id like to live in those times .

4 Likes

What a lovely day out you had, and smashing photos, great fun, I love the carriage :two_hearts:

So, how do you pronounce “Belvoir” ?

I just saw on a drinks advert that it’s “bea-vah” or is that a wind up?:+1:

Thank you @Maree so Belvoir is pronounced Beaver like the Rodent …

4 Likes

Well I never, I’ve been saying it wrong for years! :rofl:

1 Like

Shut up!!! Wow! Now THAT is style and worth chatting about. Your photos are fabulous. You all love great.
Very cool. :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve just read The Secret Rooms by Catherine Bailey…it reads like the best kind of mystery story …all about the history of Belvoir.

A shocking but enthralling factual story of destroyed documents…decadent aristocracy betrayed honour and curses.

You will view the aristocracy differently if you read it…it throws a bright light on powerful people and the cowardice and connivance…especially during the 1st World War and beyond.

1 Like

Thank you @Chelsea62,

@summer I read the book when it first came out .

2 Likes

My friend lent it to me…and Black Diamonds by the same author…another good read.

2 Likes

:heart: what fun …great photos

1 Like