My 'bookmarks' menu hs vanished!

Am on w10, using Firefox. Normally my bookmarks are on the left of my screen - just logged in and they have vanished. Any ideas how to put them back?

Tabby, have you got the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner of this screen?
If so, click on them and see if that brings up a list of options, one of which is Bookmarks.
Works on this tablet I’m using tonight, but yours might not be tne same?

1 Like

Doesn’t work, Mups, but thank you anyway.

I have just seen Besoeker saying on the pets thread, that he’s had a problem with this site today and had to change his password. Wonder if thats connected to your problem or not?

Otherwise, you could try asking Judd perhaps? He’s good with computers.

1 Like

Done a ‘system restore’ - yipee - bookmarks are back!!
Phew - wipes brow and makes a cup of tea!

1 Like

Oh well done, Tabs. :+1:

1 Like

Clever lass isn’t she.

I wonder if it was some kind of update messed things up 
 either W10 or firefox. I’ve never tried that browser.

Just right click anywhere on the toolbars at the top. System restore seems a bit drastic

Then what, Bruce? :thinking:
What do you do after the right click?

Right clicking on virtually anything always brings up a menu. Select “Bookmarks Toolbar” then “Always Show”

If in doubt try right clicking

1 Like

Is that just for W.10 Bruce?

I’ve just tried right clicking on chrome and it brought my bookmark manager up.

I feel quite intelligent now.

Well It has been a Windows feature for many versions I don’t know when it started.

I think it is called a Context Menu because it changes depending on where you right click and in which program. For example right clicking in Windows Explorer is different to right clicking in M$ Word but there is always a menu with many options

Thankyou. I will try that on my p.c. tomorrow.
It doesn’t seem to work on this little tablet, but i can’t really right click on this as there is no mouse to right click with.

Yes, you need a mouse or mouse pad but, in my opinion, it is the best piece of advice you can give someone to help them when stuck.

Ok. Thanks though.
Will try it on the pc. :+1:

Got it in one, Morti. Microsoft did one of their occasional ‘new broom’ updates where they swept out stuff they considered irrelevent - including my bookmarks. I thought I had switched off the auto updates. Well - it is certainly disabled now - not going through that again!

First thing I tried, Bruce, but it didn’t work. Microsoft is bad for the blood pressure !!

1 Like