MUSIC related anything...stories clips videos amusing sad just anything

I loved Cats, Dianne, saw it at the Theatre Royal in Plymouth. Not the original London cast but the ones who were did it well.
A couple behind us hated it, they were saying to each other after it finished. Not what they thought it would be like. They had obviously never read T.S. Eliot’s poems in his book Old Possums Book of Practical Cat’s. I thought they were stupid quite honestly, but didn’t say anything to them, bit my tongue. :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like

Here he is with Wilko.

2 Likes

Have not been to as many Musicals as I would have wished…Thoroughly enjoyed the Heathcliff version with Cliff Richard.

one of the many songs…loved the CD we got of Heathcliff at the time…

1 Like

Sex Pistol’s Warning… Alert Alert…Could be some …yep…bad language here…

Some of the News/ Interviews are just so… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: John Lydon…

One of my favourites, Heart performing Stairway to Heaven at the Kennedy Center in front of Led Zeppelin.

1 Like

Bob Dylan had a time when I listened to his music a lot around the 60’s.
Heard Sara the other day and was impressed…

and then found this Guy who had spent a lot of his time improving a lot of his live performances…
not listened to it myself as yet…time is flying around today here,
Will post the clip later…

1 Like

Here is J L with PIL causing chaos on an American tv show :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rather than start another likely lonely Thread… within this section maybe just here and there, I will add a new unknown to me new artist, and add a wiki or info about them as well…Always good to know there history…
Now I had just come across two…
Edgar Froese.

1 Like

Tame Impala

Really not feeling any psychedelic music as that is the Genre, although I am liking them after listening to a few of their songs…to me it is more pop varied based…

1 Like

I used to like Pink Floyd when they were psychedelic back in the early days.We’d see them in some club in a cellar if I remember right.:slight_smile:

As much as I loved him as front man…nitty gritty…he brought a huge amount of great music to the band, but at a great expense to his health.

1 Like

Oradour-su-Glane

Re Built nearby

Does anyone remember Simon Bates radio 1 program that had a bit called “our tune” where people would write in with their sob stories. I’m sure most of it was made up, because some of those stories were just so far-fetched. whenever I hear the theme from Romeo and Juliet which used to play under the story I can hear Master Bates sympathetic tones reading out some unbelievable tale of lost love and tragedy.

1 Like

Yes I do remember ,not with pleasure though.It was played in work so I couldn’t avoid it.I don’t know why Bates on one he should have been on two late at night.Or not at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

The French love a good ghost story, from royal headless ghosts and underground cemeteries to the home of a serial killer.
Here is one such underground Cemetery…Catacombs of Paris

Paris catacombs

Underneath the streets of Paris is one of the spookiest places in France – the Paris catacombs. Opened in the 18th century, the catacombs are one of the largest graveyards on record with the remains of around 6 million people buried here. It is a maze of dark passageways with walls lined with skulls and skeletons that is enough to give anyone a fright. There are a few skeletons that aren’t meant to be there either – like that of Philibert Aspairt whose body was found in 1804, 9 years after he disappeared in the catacombs

Would have loved to have gone to Woodstock…

1 Like

I would too then but not so much now :slight_smile:

Joni Mitchell wrote it but this really captures the feel of it,I think.

1 Like

Only Wyatt lived to a ripe old age then.
“The four dead in five seconds gun fight”
That would make a good film or book title.

1 Like