Mum paints every single room in her house a shade of pink in ‘dopamine décor’ transformation

Even though she has far more ornaments in her sitting room than I have,to me it doesn’t look cluttered, …my fav is that sitting room.

I love the gentleness of the pink in the bedroom and the outside of the house.

1 Like

Yes the outside looks good too :+1:

1 Like

Most of our rooms are like that too - no clutter. But we do have one room, the hallway, that is different but just black and white.

1 Like

I like that pattern :smiley:

Thank you ! It matches Max !

1 Like

Oh erk, no!

I can see it’s bright and cheerful though so as long as it’s in her house not mine!

Yellow and pink granny chic I think they call it?

Do you watch Changing Rooms? One of the designers did a yellow and pink extravaganza like it. It got called Mr Blobby and a Battenberg cake.:rofl:

1 Like

Aww that’s unkind of them…although it does have a cakey feel about it I suppose. I think it looks alright - although I’m not sure about the wood…the table & chairs would have to go. And the sliding door…not a fan of that.

1 Like

I like it, I’m a girly kind of girl and pink does it for me. I haven’t done my house in pink but I could live with it. I find it very cheerful and bright. In fact I need to think of decorating, my house is miserable grey at the moment when it came in trend I liked it but now I hate it!!

2 Likes

I like neutral colours. For us the pictures we frame are the what makes it for us. Not high numbers

I don’t think this would work in pink…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The table is clever, it slides over to make a desk area when not in use and she made a cute little window cubby hole for the children

The designer designed the yellow wallpaper and fabric herself and had them made up

But it’s too much for me. The couple whose room it is painted the pink ceilings white straightaway and have since painted over more!

1 Like

Yes I don’t think the ceilings should be painted any colour but white if the room is colourful (in my opinion)

Sorry, that wouldn’t be for me. I think that particular pink colour makes it look cheap.
I could imagine the owner prancing around dressed as a pink Fairy Princess wearing glass slippers and swishing her wand about!

1 Like

And what’s wrong with that, may I ask? :joy: I’m quite sure people have pranced around in various states of dress (or undress, as discussed elsewhere!) around their home. :smiley: :princess: :fairy:

1 Like

In my case I;ll be wearing my Queen attire and crown with gold slippers :wink:

2 Likes

We live in a world where we are told that we have free choice. And as free choices go, painting every room in the house pink, is not that bad.