MP stabbed in Leigh on sea

This doesn’t sound good.

Conservative MP Sir David Amess has been stabbed as he met with constituents.,

Essex Police said they were called to reports of a stabbing in Leigh-on-Sea at 12:05 BST and arrested a man.

They said they also recovered a knife and they were not looking for anyone else in connection to the incident.

Former party leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith said he was “praying for a full recovery”.

1 Like

Poor man - he didn’t make it - his family must be devastated!

3 Likes

'kinnell …what IS happening to today’s society?!

To think that as a biking rocker, I, along with my contemporaries, were criticised as ‘unkoof yoof’…sheesh!!

1 Like

He died.

This is truly awful.

(Oops, apologies Tabby…I didn’t read the post properly! It just came into my news feed as breaking news)

Shocking and very sad.

Shocking … :scream:

Awful awful

What has gone wrong with our country

1 Like

Such appalling news. Seems they’ve got the culprit, but that’s little comfort to his poor wife and 5 children.

Appalling news an MP David Amess has been stabbed to death he seems like a kind man who did a lot for animals .

2 Likes

Just appalling, so sad for his family, words fail me, just dreadful

1 Like

And already there’s some arsehole who has posted a video on Twitter (a trainee lawyer no less) that is saying that the stabbing is justified because violence is the only way to get what you want. This is the same pillock who disrupted a flight because he refused to wear a mask to prevent the spread of Covid.
I hope he gets sacked, or at the very least, a visit from the cops.

In a blink of an eye everything changes .

There is always some arsehole somewhere prepared to use a tragedy for self promotion or promote their own agenda

They don’t even have the grace or dignity to show a little respect for a few hours

I saw elsewhere someone ask if the BBC would give this the same amount of coverage as the death of Jo Cox. Presumably they were implying they wouldn’t because he was a Conservative and they wanted to accuse the BBC of left wing bias.

Just appalling, some things shouldn’t be exploited to make political points or attack things you disagree with

2 Likes

It’s terrible that something happens like that and he was in a church, he was such a good man.

Appalling news and so tragic for his family and friends. :worried:

Just read that counter terrorism officers are leading the investigation

Hi

I intensely dislike my MP, he is a nightmare.

I know him personally, there is no way I would even hit him, much less kill him.

To my mind he is a complete prat, censured by the Tory Party, forced to make an apology in Parliament twice.

The last time was for abusing an employee, his excuse was he was drunk.

Get rid of him, yes.

Kill him, nope.

3 Likes

Quite right swimmy, its what the ballot box is for.

1 Like

I doubt this is a disgruntled voter it’s some maniac.

Police have detained a 25 year old Somalian and are not looking for anybody else.

RIP David. very, very sad day.

1 Like