Movies long forgotten on TV

Cheery stuff from Sam Pekinpah Foxy.
I think The Wild Bunch was a bit of a light weight compared with this, also one of his.

A really quite dark story, Dustin Hoffman and Susan George being a very unlikely couple. You’d think twice about holidaying in Cornwall after watching this😉

I’ve got to give a shout for the late Peter Vaughan who was in the film, he had the ability to exude menace, even in his comedy roles.

2 Likes

@Chilliboot yes good one, think that may have been banned at one time, for a rape scene…

Yes, that rang a bell so I couldn’t resist a quick rummage.

And still the equivalent of an X film today.

@Chilliboot yes a strange career departure for Dustin Hoffman. Without googling, I’m going to estimate that it was soon after The Graduate or Papillon.

Straw Dogs was 1971 so definitely after The Graduate.
Also without googling I think Papillon was around about 1973.

1 Like

@Chilliboot pub quiz team in the making :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: although my local pubs do speed quizzing using phone apps now, as everybody googles the answers now

1 Like

Oh dear!
Nobody would want me on their team then :wink:

1 Like

You can’t beat the 70s for a good old disaster movie.

Carbon footprints were way down on the things to be concerned about list :wink:

1 Like

@Chilliboot yes, but can’t watch them now without thinking of The Jive Brothers :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone remember The Buccaneers with Robert Shaw as Cap’n Dan Tempest? He swashed his buckle all over the screen as the inevitable timbers shivered :wink:

Gotcha Craig…I had to look them up but the penny dropped :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe it’s my memory that’s turning into a disaster :wink:

1 Like

@Chilliboot looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe you did :wink:

1 Like

Towering Inferno, and Poseidon Adventure would still stand up to viewing, for the all star casts, if not the special effects

1 Like

Yes, Posieden Adventure in particular :+1:

1 Like

Not as slick as Enter The Dragon by any means but none the worse for that.

7d7f0c166cd6937abd1d75e2a886620c

All ready on my firestick for tonight with some home popped popcorn!

Just watched the 1960 John Wayne version of The Alamo, I thought it was really good and better than the one made about ten years ago.

1 Like

Used to have a good laugh watching The Party. However, it got farcical at the end. I don’t think they quite knew what to do with it.

My parents bought a cockatiel, which Mum named Birdie Num Num. :laughing::laughing:

This one has grown on me over time, actually quite a moving film.

Any Will Hay film.