Movie quotes, what are your favourites?

‘This here is a magnum 44, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it will blow your head clean off…
Now I can’t remember if I fired five shots or six…Do you feel lucky punk? So go ahead, make my day’…
The brilliant Clint Eastwood…

A few good men…Jack Nicholson…

‘You want me on that wall because you can’t handle the truth’

Independence Day…
“Welcome to Earth”…

3 Likes

From The Light Between the Oceans:

‘You’ve had so much strife but you’re always happy. How do you do it?’
‘I choose to…I can leave myself to rot in the past, spend my time hating people for what happened, like my father did, or I can forgive and forget.’
‘But it’s not that easy.’
'Oh, but my treasure, it is so much less exhausting. You only have to forgive once. To resent, you have to do it all day, every day. You have to keep remembering all the bad things…I would have to make a list, a very, very long list and make sure I hated the people on it the right amount. That I did a proper job of hating, too: very Teutonic! No, we always have a choice. All of us.”

4 Likes

From the Bourne Ultimatum :

Bourne broke into the CIA office and phoned the head honcho Vosun who was in the field but said he was in his office to which Bourne said :We’d Be Having This Conversation Face To Face .

2 Likes

Ooh, I love that bit too! :slightly_smiling_face::cry:

And the same with the Incredible Journey 1963 version when the old dog comes over the hill. Just hearing “Bodger!” has me in pieces

If I ever get a dog it will be a bull terrier just because of that film!

1 Like

My all-time favourite :ok_hand:

John Wayne :point_right: I’m not gonna hit ya! … I’m not gonna hit ya! … The Hell I’m NOT! :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry LD. It’s actually Charles Dickens. :frowning_face:

Brilliant film, and has the delectable Maureen O’Hara as a bonus.

Yes of course it was. That’s the problem when running two screens helping a granddaughter … WS was the subject of her revision and my mind had not let go of the name :confused:

May the force be with you. -. Obi - Wan Kenobi

“… That’s not a knife …. That’s a knife!” :laughing:

That’s not a knife …

4 Likes

Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore. - The Wizard of Oz

1 Like

And my all time favourite.

1 Like

One of my favourites was from ‘Big Chris’ (Vinnie Jones) in the film, ‘Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels’.
It’s at the end when he says… ‘It’s been emotional’.

I have tried to copy the Youtube clip to put it on here but it wont allow me to, as l need to subscribe.

1 Like

Deleted

Here you go Art…

1 Like

Judd, Thank You for posting the clip for me. I really appreciate it.

You’ve got to admit, Vinnie is a bit cool in that clip!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh yes, that’s a classic!

Huston, we have a problem.

1 Like

Bond: You expect me to talk.

Goldfinger : No Mr Bond ,I expect you to die.