Movie quotes, what are your favourites?

Have you got any quotes from films you like?

We were watching a bit of Tremors again last night (great film, and The Bacon looks so young!)

And this one always make me chuckle cos it’s so true

“ We plan ahead…that way we don’t do anything right now “

2 Likes

From Taken…

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don’t have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

3 Likes

From Runaway Train .

You’re an animal!

No, worse! Human! Human!

1 Like

@Chillie6 - Ah - the lovely Liam Neeson!

2 Likes

I’ll take your word for it :joy: But he does do a good mindless violence film :+1:

1 Like

Aah, I can still hear his voice as he said that. :+1:

1 Like

I do do a good impression of him don’t I ? :clown_face:

2 Likes

“I’ll have what she’s having” from When Harry Met Sally

6 Likes

From Blade Runner

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain. Time to die.

3 Likes

Frankly my dear I dont give a damn .

5 Likes

Cool Hand Luke

“What we have here is a failure to communicate.”

4 Likes

From the first Jaws movie - ‘you’re gonna need a bigger boat’

5 Likes

And another of my fave funny one from Jaws

“Here’s to swimmin’ with bow-legged wimmin!”

:rofl::rofl::swimming_woman::swimming_woman::swimming_woman::swimming_woman::bikini:

1 Like

Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’” Shawshank Redemption

4 Likes

Not from a film, but from Will Shakespeare … Never!

Have a heart that never hardens,
A temper that never tires,
And a touch that never hurts.

These were the words my four girls were raised to learn and understand, just as I was by my Nan.

1 Like

From The Railway Children, when Bobby, (Jenny Agutter) says

“Daddy… My Daddy”

Have seen the film many times over the last 50 or so years, but this line still has me in tears.

3 Likes

‘This here is a magnum 44, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it will blow your head clean off…
Now I can’t remember if I fired five shots or six…Do you feel lucky punk? So go ahead, make my day’…
The brilliant Clint Eastwood…

A few good men…Jack Nicholson…

‘You want me on that wall because you can’t handle the truth’

Independence Day…
“Welcome to Earth”…

3 Likes

From The Light Between the Oceans:

‘You’ve had so much strife but you’re always happy. How do you do it?’
‘I choose to…I can leave myself to rot in the past, spend my time hating people for what happened, like my father did, or I can forgive and forget.’
‘But it’s not that easy.’
'Oh, but my treasure, it is so much less exhausting. You only have to forgive once. To resent, you have to do it all day, every day. You have to keep remembering all the bad things…I would have to make a list, a very, very long list and make sure I hated the people on it the right amount. That I did a proper job of hating, too: very Teutonic! No, we always have a choice. All of us.”

4 Likes

From the Bourne Ultimatum :

Bourne broke into the CIA office and phoned the head honcho Vosun who was in the field but said he was in his office to which Bourne said :We’d Be Having This Conversation Face To Face .

2 Likes

Ooh, I love that bit too! :slightly_smiling_face::cry:

And the same with the Incredible Journey 1963 version when the old dog comes over the hill. Just hearing “Bodger!” has me in pieces

If I ever get a dog it will be a bull terrier just because of that film!

1 Like