Motorised Vehicles

How many do you own?

I own one car, that my son bought me.

How about you?..

Another question can you drive?

Only one, but mrs p wants me to buy her a car, yes, we both drive

1 Like

Two in this household of two, but neither cover high mileage.

1 Like

Yes I can drive. I hold car, motorcycle, coach & trailer, plus HGV1 licences. Plus I hold advanced driving certificates for car & motorcycle. Defensive driving for bus & advanced, security driving for HGV.

A coach licence is seen as a full manual licence & a bus licence is an automatic. Hence my having a coach licence.

I own a car & a 1950’s ex Police motorcycle.

1 Like

What great achievements,Gee…excellent,:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I have one car, both I and the wife drive. Daughters have one each :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One car .

1 Like

One car. I have been known to go 3 or 4 weeks without using it, but I’ve used it 3 time this week: Tescos, B&Q, Topps Tiles. Most weeks it’s just bus rides to Hyde Park, the WestEnd.

1 Like

I just have my Isuzu Dmax, my middle son and his wife have a car each, my daughter and her husband have 10 cars and 10 motorcycles but they are a bit odd, not all their vehicles are road registered because they race a couple of the motorbikes and at least two of the cars are just for parts.

2 Likes

Is Isuzu anything to do with Nissan? The D Max looks very similar to the Navara and more so since Nissan teamed up with Chevrolet.

No, these dual cab utes are made by many companies - Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Isuzu, Volkswagen, Ford, Mitsubishi. They are all slightly different there is even a Chinese Great Wall one. The only rebadged one that I knew of was the Holden Colorado which used an Isuzu body but with a different engine and interior but now I think the Mazda is a rebadged Isuzu.

My son has a Nissan Navara. The Isuzu Dmax was my second choice I would have preferred the Ford Ranger but when I was buying Ford was between models and there was a six month wait. The Dmax is the only passenger vehicle Isuzu makes, (there is an SUV version). The Toyota HiLux is the industry standard

I think they all have a turbo charged diesels ranging from about 2.8 to 3.4 litre and are rated to tow from 2.5 to 3.5 tonnes and can carry about 1.5 tonnes (not at the same time)

Since the demise of the Australian designed Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore sedan they have become the main family vehicle I would guess,

1 Like

I forgot to answer the “can you drive” question.

Yep I can drive, I have a NSW truck (heavy rigid), semi (heavy combination) and car licence. I used to have a bus, coach and public vehicle licence but that disappeared in the last type change and they no longer exist.

However I don’t have a B double or a road train licence (multi combination) and I suspect that when I turn 80 I will give up my semi and truck licence too because I am not going to take an annual test to retain something I no longer use.

The penalty for getting older.

I nearly forgot I used to have a first class steam engine driver’s ticket too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a diesel Navara before the rechipped Pathfinder. I went for the pathfinder this time as twice I had the add-on alloy rear hardtop enclosure stolen and since then I’ve never found the need of an open truck back. Only the hardtop was taken each time and not the complete truck. Once in a public car park and the 2nd time from a Holiday Inn park, the buggers!! I’ve no idea how the thieves achieved the theft without setting off the vibration alarm :man_shrugging:

No, I don’t drive, but between the family we have 5 vehicles. Son has a Fiesta, Daughter has an S Max & a Ford van & her partner has a Fiesta & I still have late OH’s Focus estate. They drive all of them except Daughters van which is exclusively hers. :grinning:

1 Like

@Gee3 What bike have you got Gee ?
The Velocette or the Speed Twin ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

How’s that OFF dossier going?! @pauline3 :grinning: :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ll recognise this then…

That’s my son’s Navara. The Nissan didn’t have much choice in the way of a canopy so he had to get one with side windows.

I got the tradies version with no side windows and gull wing doors - the latter has advantages and disadvantages especially reversing out into traffic in angle parking (common in country towns). I do like the canopy.

It’s a bit bare without it

Then I added drawers

A fridge…

…and solar

But that is my motorised vehicle for you…

2 Likes

Velocette LE (Little Engine) Also known as the Noddy Bike. It is an ex Gloucestershire Police Bike. And being a radio amateur, I have the correct Pye Westminster fitted & it is not just capable of working, but is now working on an amateur radio band.

2 Likes

Just one car and one bicycle.

1 Like

Are you going to answer the question,Annie?..:thinking::thinking: