Most hated as a child

My father and granny loved it!

2 Likes

White beans no matter how they were prepared, soup or otherwise. I couldn’t even get them down in the army after having spent three nights in the cold when everyone was craving for a warm meal.

1 Like

Neck end from the butchers in a casserole .
I don’t know whose neck it was from tho.

2 Likes

Rissoles.

1 Like

Beetroot.But I only ever had it raw.Much later I tasted it roasted and that was all together something much better.

1 Like

Mince… always thin greasy gravy and gristle ugh!
For my sister it was eggs

1 Like

Anything with tripe.
Never ate it then (the cooking smell was awful)
Would run from it now.

1 Like

Tomatoes, they were watery and anemic compared to the wonderful variety of flavoursome toms available today :tomato:

1 Like

sadly as a child we didnt have much choices due to rationing, so if it gets put in front of me i have always eaten it, of course there are favourites, but i rarely leave food on my plate…

1 Like

It might surprise you Ripple, but I despised meat, any meat…If I was made to eat it I would cut off all of the fat. Something that I still do to this day, and I don’t like too much meat on my plate. I prefer vegetables (any veg and lots of it) and potatoes…Mashed, boiled, new or chipped…
:yum:

2 Likes

I remember your post on belly pork :nauseated_face::joy:

1 Like

Potted meat…(

1 Like

Kipfler potatoes.Have they reached the UK yet? They are smashing!

2 Likes

Have to see if they are available over here. They look similar to Pink Fir Apple which are more knobbly and good in a stew as they stay firm and are nutty to grill whole.

2 Likes

I’ll look out for them Mr Smith, thanks for the heads up…
:+1:

2 Likes

Sprouts ans swede,still not a lover of them.

1 Like

I can’t see these Kipfler potatoes with UK seed suppliers but it is entirely the wrong season for us as we have only just finished lifting this year’s harvest.

I can see that a number of Aussie suppliers have these in stock. Perhaps we need to wait until the UK suppliers have next spring’s stock ready to dispatch.

I am always interested in trying out new varieties. Charlotte and Ratte could be similar. We grew these this year on our plot.

2 Likes

I ate most anything as a child but after going to Scotland and being encouraged to try marmite…hate it!

1 Like

Apparently they have always been popular here and it was the first time I encountered them.

1 Like

I can’t adhere to the request of not liking something as a child and still not liking it. My pet hate was fish when I was little. None of them. Then, at 10, I contracted meningitis and when I got out of hospital the one dish I wanted was … fish. And now I love the stuff, can’t get enough. (But then the hospital food was truly awful.)

1 Like