Most hated as a child

What meal did your family serve you when you were a kid that you absolutely hated and have never eaten since you became an adult

1 Like

I am unable to remember my very early eating years as from 5, I was raised by my paternal grandparents who were publicans. I can however, remember my grandfather Jack (Jacob) giving me a plate of jellied ells and me recoiling from the first tasting, and don’t start me off about those horrid winkles :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: … :wink:

1 Like

Sprouts. :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Kippers. Yuck!

2 Likes

nothing really, any fads i might have had vanished with army grub…

1 Like

2 Likes

I remember being asked if I wanted to try tripe and onions. I recoiled with disgust but have never actually sampled it to this day.

1 Like

that was a treat in our house, with a bowl of boiled potato’s in the middle of the table so you could help yourself

2 Likes

My father and granny loved it!

2 Likes

White beans no matter how they were prepared, soup or otherwise. I couldn’t even get them down in the army after having spent three nights in the cold when everyone was craving for a warm meal.

1 Like

Neck end from the butchers in a casserole .
I don’t know whose neck it was from tho.

2 Likes

Rissoles.

1 Like

Beetroot.But I only ever had it raw.Much later I tasted it roasted and that was all together something much better.

1 Like

Mince… always thin greasy gravy and gristle ugh!
For my sister it was eggs

1 Like

Anything with tripe.
Never ate it then (the cooking smell was awful)
Would run from it now.

1 Like

Tomatoes, they were watery and anemic compared to the wonderful variety of flavoursome toms available today :tomato:

1 Like

sadly as a child we didnt have much choices due to rationing, so if it gets put in front of me i have always eaten it, of course there are favourites, but i rarely leave food on my plate…

1 Like

It might surprise you Ripple, but I despised meat, any meat…If I was made to eat it I would cut off all of the fat. Something that I still do to this day, and I don’t like too much meat on my plate. I prefer vegetables (any veg and lots of it) and potatoes…Mashed, boiled, new or chipped…
:yum:

2 Likes

I remember your post on belly pork :nauseated_face::joy:

1 Like

Potted meat…(

1 Like