Morocco bans UK flights due to UK Covid cases rising

Several UK airlines and holiday companies have been told by the Moroccan government that flights will be suspended from 23:59 BST on Wednesday until further notice.

Latest figures from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control said that Morocco’s weekly rate of reported coronavirus cases on 14 October stood at 10.4 per 100,000 people, compared with 445.5 per 100,000 people in the UK.

The UK government updated its advice on travel to Morocco to state that the Moroccan government has suspended direct flights between the UK and Morocco for an unspecified period of time.

A so-called “less-developed” country prefers not to be contaminated by one that is, allegedly, “developed” … :exclamation:

3 Likes

I hope other countries follow suit quite frankly. Its the only way this government will listen.

4 Likes

This government actually listen? HUH!! Some hopes.

2 Likes

If it involves money, they might :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well, you can’t blame them, if the positions were reversed we wouldn’t fancy it either

1 Like

Erm…I’ve said this before, but do you recall Boris cancelling a trip to India because the Delta variant had taken hold there, badly. He didn’t stop flights to and fro, but he didn’t quite fancy going over himself to do trade talks. Nah…I think he would carry on if the positions were reversed, to be honest.

3 Likes

The same thing occurred here. Flights were not canceled to and from India…
Makes no sense

2 Likes

No one should want to fly anywhere at the Mo, just sayin!

That’s true, they have been much more careless about protecting our lives than their own. We live on an island, a lot more could have been done to keep it out

Hi

We are falling behind much of Europe now with infection rates and vaccination rates.

Boris does not like bad news and prefers to ignore it.