More woes for heat pump installers

The domestic heat pump has now become a problem for areas denser population due to noise. This could lead to the need for planning permission, if granted and acoustic insulation surrounding any new heat pump, adding to the already high cost of installation and adaptation of existing heating and hot water systems.
Heat pumps’ noise raises concerns for millions of UK homes - Energy Live News

Hi

Before I downsized to a much smaller property I lived in an Eco House, purchased new, for 7 years.

It had an Air Source Heat Pump, but unlike the ones the Government are promoting, this was in the garden some distance from the house.

Because it was freestanding it was much more efficient from those attached to the house and was therefore on for much shorter periods.

Yes they can be a bit noisy, however they are just an air conditioning unit in reverse.

Think about your holidays abroad, air conditioning units on all the time, in Urban Areas the effect is minimal as regards background noise.

Yes, you would notice them in a small rural village, you would need a different type.

The one size fits all does not work everywhere.

Doesn’t the UK have noise pollution laws? I am sure it does.

A/C and that includes heat pump water heaters must not be audible from the adjacent property. They are designed to be quiet. shhhh!

My neighbour’s A/C is close to my house, I cannot hear it, my fridge is louder