More threats from Macron!

The Australians originally but they found some more money down the back of the sofa and can now afford nuclear. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, that is not the case, it is to do with the Nuclear non Proliferation Pact. Suddenly the UK and the USA decided that they would allow us to have their nuclear engines (well USA really).

Malaysia, Indonesia among other countries have expressed concern about this. I don’t blame them, we have no nuclear industry at all (apart from one small reactor making nuclear medicines)

Err, it was a joke the two rofl’s should have given it away. :grinning:

@Bruce , But didn’t you have to pay extra to convert the
Nuclear subs back to diesel Brucy??
How sensible was that ?!?
I bet your really glad to get out of that !!:hugs::hugs:
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

’ A senior EU diplomat said: “Once again France is instrumentalising the EU for national interests.”

A second source said: “We need to cool the temperature of the water. We need to sit down and talk amicably. It’s very warm water at the moment and that doesn’t help anyone." ’

I know that it’s paywalled so some might not be able to read the complete article, but you’ll get the idea from what you can see.

@Zaphod , On the face of it that’s good news, l never could
see why they put a Frenchman in charge of Brexit talks in the
first place ??
But here we are !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that it was EVENTS that created the current problems not one single person.

1 Like

Especially those who’s war ships don’t work in warm water.

1 Like

Hi

Exactly Bruce.

Nuclear Subs are blue water vessels, far too big for local defense, for that you need diesels, which are much smaller and very hard to find.

Our Land Forces are also a joke.

In a recent war game simulation, involving the American, French and UK Armies defending an Invader the UK ran out of ammunition after 3 days.

Our troops were brilliant, let down by Government restrictions.

Our new multi ÂŁBillion armoured vehicle replacement has been stopped because they are useless.

The entire ModD needs to be scrapped and run by the Israelis, who are brilliant at supporting their armed forces.

Hi

In other, areas, France does have the upper hand in all this.

They can give 6 months notice to move Border Control back to the UK.

They can immediately stop supply us with electricity and or pull out of building or new Nuclear Power Stations.

@swimfeeders , l wish they would pull out Swimmy! They are not even sure the things
will work??
I’m sure they are doing it on purpose to keep us buying their electricity !!
And our negotiators were stupid enough to guarantee a price for it ??
Donkeyman! :-1::-1: