Mordaunt vs Johnson vs Sunak - who do you think will win? (poll)

I know nothing about this Penny person, Boris is a liar and a fraud, he’s still under investigation, so that only leaves the Rishie person. He does have the experience so that gives him a head start, he now has the 100 backers needed, but I think it should have been a general election.

If I can’t get a vote, I won’t bother giving an opinion.

From the choice it has to be Rishi for me.

1 Like

I don’t care who is the next PM or what party they are from!
All I hope for is that the opposing party & its supporting press, just let them get on with the job and stop the childish comments to criticize them. If the UK wants to stop looking like fools it would be wiser if the opposition offered alternative ideas on how to run the country & the government were prepared to debate some of their ideas, rather than trying to get another election in the hope of winning. The Government aren’t right all the time & neither are the opposition!
The House of Commons always sound like a bunch of children arguing, not people who have ideas that may help the people of this country to cope through the hard times.
We don’t vote them in so they can argue that they are right, we vote because we hope that whichever party is in control will listen to any possibly good ideas from the opposing side!
At the moment they all sound like children having tantrums because they weren’t chosen to be captain of the team. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If it has to be a Tory, and it will be in the absence of a GE … I think it’ll be Sunak.
I don’t like the smarmy g*t , he’s like an oily secondhand car salesman and don’t forget, the key word these days appears to be U-turn …and the 400 quid cost of living payment was originally a loan not a grant.
I shudder to think what will happen at the next mini-emergency-budget whatever they call them now.

But I reckon whoever is picked they will be gone by Christmas and not long after that, after an early GE, so will the Tory party.

None of the above comes to mind, a quitter and two failures in the last election, what a choice.

1 Like

Keir Starmer looks like an honest man next to these charlatans .
Pity he’s confused as to what is a woman .
Never mind if he is still leader of the Labour Party in two years time he will be PM

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree … right now a Martian with two heads infected with a deadly disease would look more attractive.

1 Like

Where do I sign up?
:026:

1 Like

Well I’ll back you Foxy … only another 99 supporters to go! :clown_face:

1 Like

Thanks Morty, cheques in the post…
:hugs:
The first thing I’d do is to sell off the houses of parliament and chequers to start and pay off the huge debt that we seem to have accrued over the years. Brick up the channel tunnel, and stop sending money and arms to finance a foreign war…Among other things…

I know nothing about this Penny Mordaunt never having heard of her outside this forum but it suddenly occurred to me that she looks very like the woman who read the proclamation declaring Charlie the new King. Was she indeed that woman?

As I said at the time it was the only bit of the sack cloth and ashes that I watched because it replaced the 7pm news live from god knows where and with hindsight I wonder if she was the blonde?

To whom?

Yes.
Penny Mordaunt was appointed Leader of the House of Commons by Liz Truss, so one of her first main duties was to lead the accession council ceremony of King Charles III at St James’s Palace.

2 Likes

Yes that was her.

2 Likes

I am repeating myself but think turning the Houses of Parliament into a tourist attraction is a most sensible course of action. It is not as if it is very old but it would certainly attract tourists in droves.

The nation would then need to build a purpose built parliament that can actually accommodate all the members comfortably. One would hope that it would be built on much cheaper land somewhere in the centre of the country and reduce the costs by getting rid of London rentals etc.

Being purpose built it could not only have office space but also residential accommodation for members and their families. Preferably near a train line and/or with car parking space. Some countries create a new city/town just for their parliament.

1 Like

Bruce the public can already visit the Houses of Parliament.

https://www.parliament.uk/visiting/

1 Like

That may be so but hardly the point, as a house of government it is too small and too old. It would, like Australia’s old Parliament House become an excellent museum, ours is called the Museum of Australian Democracy, they could call yours something like The Museum of a Near Democracy

It would be a big attraction.

1 Like

Sunak Sunak :mini: :mini: :mini: rah rah rah

Although partygate he did lie by omission

Steve Baker has said that the discussion has been about Rishi being PM and Boris Chairman.