Mordaunt vs Johnson vs Sunak - who do you think will win? (poll)

And so he should be Dex, it was a load of old borax anyway… :009:

1 Like

Standing up in parliament and telling bare faced lies isn’t really nothing though foxy. It’s different to the usual methods of avoiding the question or twisting things around.

Of course not Dex, MP’s and the BBC do it all the time…
:nerd_face:

BJ is, possibly, the greatest liar in the free world:

1 Like

If Johnson is the answer what is the question .

Johnson’s made two massive and unforgivable errors - both driven from his arrogance and distain for the British public. First, he thought that he could blag his way out of the accusations of attending illegal parties in Downing Street. He lied to the house on multiple occasions about multiple events. This was not just knowingly lying to the house (traditionally a resignation offence) but, worse, the terrible lack of judgement that he chose this approach rather than an early and simple apology.
Second he tried twice to keep two awful tory MPs in place - one who was caught with his hands in the till, and one who was caught with his hands where they really shouldn’t go without prior permission. Johnson had a large majority. These were not MPs worth protecting, but his continued distain for voters & parliament meant he thought he could save them. Another terrible judgement call by the ever arrogant Johnson.
He fully deserved to be drubbed out of office for these actions and errors. He actually should have shown some sense of decency and stood down first. Not his (lack of) style to admit an error though. And be 100% certain that if he gets back into number 10 it won’t be many months before he makes more similar judgement errors. I worry that the next ones will impact more than him and his job.

1 Like

But Sunak is a creep too. There’s just something so artificial about him.

Blunder number 1.
Diverting cash from deprived urban areas.

Blunder number 2… or even quite a few cringeworthy moments.

1 Like

Every piece of news just disheartens you a little more doesn’t it.

4 Likes

Boris isn’t going to stand

3 Likes

@wendeey just heard the same.

Thank heavens for that. Gotta be a Sunak coronation

2 Likes

If you know the song sledgehammer by P Grabiel substitute it for backstabber, suits Sunak.

2 Likes

Just one Coronation, give it to me.

Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg says former Prime Minister Boris Johnson will “clearly” stand to be the next Tory leader, saying there’s a “great deal” of support for him.

Asked whether he truly had the necessary 100 Conservative MPs supporting him to get his name on the ballot, Rees-Mogg says “the people who are doing the numbers” for Johnson’s campaign say he does.

Mogg the Profoundly Mistaken … :042:

Yes. But maybe with the exception of this piece:

I just think there was an unprecedented campaign by the media and the likes of the untrustworthy Sunak to get rid of Boris. Okay, he made it easy for them by not being ahead of the game, but Boris has other qualities that would have been good for this country. I feel that all we have done is thrown the baby out with the bathwater and replaced him with someone much more devious and unscrupulous.

2 Likes

We have absolutely no say in the matter. But hopefully Sunak will create economic stability. Nobody knows what Mordant stands for. She’s not Oxbridge so wasn’t likely to have sufficient support for that reason.

It doesn’t matter to me who gets in, or who will win the next general election. The government (whoever they are) just shuffle money around that they don’t have, and hope they can borrow some more if they appear to be sensible with the borrowed money from last time…They don’t have a cat in hells chance of ever paying it back…

What qualities ?

2 Likes

One man circus? Our answer to Cirque du Soleil.