Moment Shanghai COVID ‘Victim’ Wakes Up In Bodybag On Way To Morgue

Good grief

1 Like

Thank providence we don’t live in China .

2 Likes

they sure know how to bury their dead and the rest of history too! no respectors for the sanctity of life

1 Like

It’s shocking in this day and age that someone can be pronounced dead and sent off to the morgue while they are still alive.
Then after the morgue staff unzipped the bag and removed a cloth from his head and discovered the person was still alive, the care home staff member put the cloth back over his head and zipped up the body bag again! - Why?! That could have finished the poor man off while the staff member went off to consult other staff about what to do - if this incident had not been confirmed by the district government, I would have suspected it was a hoax - it is so unbelievably horrendous!

2 Likes

Not just in this day and age. I think it has probably always been shocking for the somebody in question. :grimacing:

Although the precept, “leave things as you find them”, is generally a sound one, it isn’t always appropriate. :thinking:

in many cases these characters doing all this sometimes backbreaking work of transporting dead bodies are 1. simple illiterate peasants 2. may often believe that they are being visited by the ghosts of those bodies and 3. will be terrified of the consequencies of being held accountable for the mistakes by the authorities which could result in their own death or at the very least long term imprisonment

Yep gumbud, nuff said.

I seem to vaguely recall reading something once about tying bells to people’s ankles , presumed dead people lying in morgues ready for burial.

god reminds me of the hunch back of notre dame = “” stop it - I’m goin mad its the bells""

Are there no forum rules covering blasphemy? :slightly_smiling_face:

beware the firebreathing dragon ?? will devour you; ya noodles and ya noodle bowl all in one breathe!!

1 Like

Hi

Yes, the Victorians used to attach Bells to the feet to the person, once buried, could move the feet to ring the bell above the Grave.

Medical Science has moved on, so such events are much rarer.

I have been “dead” 3 times.

Once just dumped on a pile of corpses.

The other two were in the NHS.

I have seen my heart stop on a screen and the Resus which followed.

I have condition which is not very common.

My Heart Attacks do not show up on an ECG, they require 2 blood samples to be taken 6 hours apart to determine if it is a heart attack.

I have long waits for an Ambulance here, so I have morphine etc to take at home.

We rely on Science to determine Death, be it from Covid or other events.

We are never 100% right all the time.

1 Like

That method was used even before the Victorians too. A far more drastic method of ensuring death before burial was used in 1791 by Elizabeth Dryden (nee Rooper) who did not trust the bell method. She had included in her will that when she was pronounced dead she was to have her throat cut! The story is that the village butcher was called upon to cut her throat when the time came …

this thread is becoming more and more macabre by the minute!

Hi

Thanks for that Margaret, I learn something new everyday.

1 Like