Mollie's Makeovers

love your hall way mollie its stunning, and cream shades in your living room look great :slight_smile:

From being a child Iā€™ve loved strong colours as it goes with my nature but, when I was married to a soldier, we lived in Army quarters where you didnā€™t have a choice of wall paint. It was wishy-washy blue, pink, grey or whatever else you got and I hated it. I think thatā€™s why I just enjoy using colour as itā€™s a reflection of my character.

I hate magnolia and white with a vengeance and Iā€™ve been in homes where every wall in every room was white. To me it was like a public toilet and quite hideous. :shock:

Thanks Kitty. When we first did our living room it looked absolutely gorgeous. I had the colours mixed professionally and ((fingers crossed)) hoped theyā€™d match well. I was happy with the result, but itā€™s now in dire need of a re-paint, but next time will be a little bolder - if there is a next time! :smiley:

Thanks for looking. :slight_smile:

I like the lounge too :slight_smile: Much more my cuppa tea. I like earthy neutrals too :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve enjoyed seeing all your rooms Mollieā€¦donā€™t we women just love to have a nose about? :lol:
Iā€™m into earthy coloursā€¦and I like terracotta to warm things up.

Iā€™ve enjoyed peeping into your living room too :wink: Very nice Mollie :slight_smile:

Those ornaments you have on the hearth look very much like what I haveā€¦were they from Greece by any chance? :slight_smile:

Yes Carmen, theyā€™re from Greece. Theyā€™re black with 18 ct gold design. :slight_smile:

I have a black and gold one similar to the second ornament in your pic ā€¦ I bought mine in Cyprus :slight_smile:

Thinking about it Mags, I think some of mine came from Cyprus. They were gifts from my brother when he went on holiday to Greece and Cyprus, many years ago now, but I love them. :slight_smile:

Just one more room to show you now which is my upstairs sitting room. That was in the worst state of any of my rooms. You see, Gordon used it for a lot of stuff and, Iā€™ll be honest, I left him to it in there. Then, after he died, I couldnā€™t go in at all for 2Ā½ years. I couldnā€™t bear to.

A neighbour said she and her nephew would help me out removing all of his clothing and the rubbish weā€™d kept, like a dining table and four chairs, wardrobe, old set of drawers, an ottoman and loads of other things which should have been thrown away, but never got around to it, so it was a dumping ground really.

As a thank you for me taxiing them around to ASDA on a weekly basis, her husband re-painted the room for me as he was an out of work painter and decorator. She gave me a carpet that she was getting rid of and a rattan chair and, once everything was painted and the carpet down, I set to making it into an upstairs sitting room with my books, record player and records.

This was only last year, just before I had a stroke, and itā€™s a peaceful place to just sit and put chill-out music on, which I should use more frequently. :slight_smile:

Thought they might be - mine were from there only they are dark blue with gold design, not sure if itā€™s 18 ct gold though :slight_smile:

What a beautiful home you have Mollieā€¦Very tastefully decoratedā€¦:slight_smile:

I have painted every room in our Welsh farmhouse white so it is easy to touch in.

Thanks for that, but the living room does need doing again, and the kitchen, and the bathroom. :smiley:

If you are trying to sell a home, as we are, I think it best to have muted colours. We have have viewed some homes which are painted in bold colours and found them very off-putting. We would have to redecorate as soon as we moved in as they were not to our taste.

Yes, I do agree with that entirely. There used to be a programme on TV about folk trying to sell their homes and werenā€™t selling for precisely that reason, so they brought in somebody (Anne something) to give advice. There were navy blue sitting rooms, bottle green bedrooms etc, :shock: so the idea was to lighten up the rooms with neutral shades. :slight_smile:

Although I prefer more subdued colours, I think you should not decorate your home to suit potential buyers, unless you intend to sell.
I, like most people, surround myself with what suits me.

Mollie. Carry on doing exactly what you want to do with your home.

Well lass, Iā€™ve no intention of selling or moving elsewhere, so Iā€™ll carry on doing what suits me. :wink:

We saw a house last week, bright red and black being the prominent colours throughout, it made the place so very dark!

It has never bothered me when looking for a new house. How the decorating is. I have always looked at the size of the rooms. We have struggled in all houses stripping of the awful wood chip wallpaper.
I now hate the colour pink, they must have had a job lot of pink paint. Who lived here before use. Every room was pink even a pink bath room suite.
We have been here over 12 years now, and are very happy.
We had to gut the house has it was in a 60s, 70s, time zone, took use about 3 years.
Everyone has their own taste, in how they like there homes.

Maybe but when you are trying to sell a place, especially in the current economic climate, one doesnā€™t wish oneā€™s place to be too off-putting as there are so many properties on the market.