Mocktail recipies

can anyone give advice on mocktails for non drinker this summer
do you have a favourite?

I love passionfruit cocktails and I have tried several different recipes to make a non-alcoholic version for when friends who are driving are visiting me.

The best one I’ve tried, which tastes most like “the real thing”, uses this recipe from Olive magazine - you scoop passionfruit pulp and the other ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes, shake and strain into glasses. I prefer to use about half the recipe volume of cloudy apple juice in the cocktail shaker, then after pouring into glasses, top up each glass with a generous splash of sparkling apple juice to give it some Fizz.

Another, less fussy recipe which doesn’t involve using a cocktail shaker, uses the pulp of the passionfruit mixed with lime juice, coconut water and soda water.
Just mix together with ice cubes in the glass or jug - job done.
(Personally, I don’t like the passionfruit seeds in my glass but the flavour of the drink is pleasant, so if I made it again I’d put everything into a cocktail shaker and strain it into the glasses - except for the fizzy soda water, of course, which I’d add to the glasses at the end.)

There’s an even easier passionfruit mocktail, which comes ready made in a bottle and it’s sold in quite a few supermarkets - I have tried this one made by Belvoir and my friends and I love it!
Make sure it’s well chilled before serving and if you serve it garnished with half a fresh passionfruit bobbing on top of the glass, like you would for a freshly made one, it looks and tastes great, with no effort!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/blvr-alc-free-pfruit-martini-750ml

1 Like

I think this is one that I made for when a now teetotal friend with suspected lymphoma visited - she said it was very nice. I added lime juice but next time I might hold that and add some condensed milk as well as the coconut cream. The recipe mentions coconut milk but I used coconut cream. I could not garnish with a cherry (it sunk). The frozen fresh pineapple makes all the difference. But don’t forget to save a couple of chunks with peel on for the garnish (I forgot and peeled the lot)

1 Like

If you’re likely to make quite a few mocktails it’s worth investing in some of the alcohol free real cocktail syrups they put in alcohol cocktails.

They’re pretty, add a grown up flavour to the soft drinks and you can get creative, and not expensive really, compared to bottles of alcohol, the Monin ones are good

My favourites are Blurr Curacao, Pina Colada and Grenadine

And then you can make Blue Hawais, Blue Curaçao’s, splash of lime, pineapple juice, coconut water (or coconut milk for a creamy version)

Sunrise mocktails, grenadine, orange juice, lemonade

Or this one we tried at my daughter-in-laws 40th birthday bash!

Blue Curacao, crushed ice, 7up, Pina Colada syrup, grenadine mixed with 7up

2 Likes