Mobility scooter electric plugs

I have a small mobility scooter that I put in the back of my car this scooter is second hand but in good nick, I had an old one but I broke the electrical plug that connects the battery to the floor of the scooter, its a 3 pin plug but had welded it self together.
I don’t wont it to happen to my new one, have you any suggestion’s to stop it sticking, I do have a couple WD40 spray or Vaseline.

It probably happened due to lose pin to socket connection(s) so when you replace the pair, make sure you spray frequently with contact cleaner and then ensure a tight fit by slightly expanding the plug pins if of the split type. If the plug pins are solid, then the socket will have split receiving pins; both can’t be of fully solid construction.

Thanks LoneDriver have cleaned around new scooter and a light spray of WD40.

You definitely want to clean that wd40 out with electrical contact cleaner ASAP. or you just wrecked it.
Check on finding a new one economically so you can replace it possibly. You do not want to put any petroleum grease or oil / wd40 any near an electrical plug. Just a dry noncorrosive spray like electrical cleaner for 120 / 240 V plugs. Water or Lubricants short them out. An Electrolytic dielectric grease
has some appeal but very lightly. It works well for 12 volt plugs and such. It’s mostly needed for wetness causing corrosion areas. Maybe yours. Check with your salesmen at the shop.

WD 40 is for metal not Electrical Connections. Silicone sprays are good at keeping wet areas form freezing in sub freezing temps but again check your Seller shop for the best for you.

image The lil tin can with a brush is better for connections.

1 Like

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑