Missing in your supermarket today? Daily list

Water in plastic bottles in shops is wrong on so many levels and I for one am very happy to see emplty shelves where water should be.

I have certainly noticed empty shelves but so far they have not impacted on my shopping unlike when the panic buying morons were out in force at the beginning of the pandemic.

I note Poundstretcher has man empty shelves but they have had a 50% off sale for a while perhaps it is closing which would be a shame as they do the best fat balls for birds.

Temporarily scarce have been flour, toilet tissue (rationed at Aldi)
and pasta. Here seen at Lidl. What are hoarders preparing for?

Surely the morons have not run out of toilet paper and pasta as their cupboards must be full of the stuff for the reason I posted earlier? :smiley::smiley:

Hi

There are genuine shortages in the supply chain.

In relation to food these are going to get worse.

Costs have risen that much that farmers can make more money from not planting and leaving the land fallow.

When my Sainsbury delivery arrived on Monday - it had everything I asked for except onions!

The only thing I have had trouble getting is Florida Orange juice but there was some available yesterday albeit a brand I have never heard of…it tastes OK though

Haven’t got ice cream at Sainsbury’s today

@Dachs The start of WW3 Dachs ?
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If that happened, you wouldn’t need any of those items, would you?

@ Dachs, on the contrary, we would be stockpiling them for our bunkers?
Donkeyman!! :+1::roll_eyes::+1:

This is obviously a first world problem but Tescos were out of Double Gold Caramel Billionaire Magnums

But I’m a brave little soldier and will try to carry on!

:cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

Another first world problem - missing in my supermarket for months now has been something to carry home bottles of wine.

If I know I’m going to be buying wine in bulk, I take a few “wine carrying bags” or cardboard carriers to transport them home but, if I happen to be in a supermarket and see a special offer on a particular wine I like, I used to be able to use one of their free cardboard carriers or buy a re-usable wine carrier.
They have not had either in my local supermarket for at least 6 months - whenever I’ve asked, the staff tell me they are out of stock - I didn’t let it deter me from buying 12 bottles of wine at 25% discount today, though - I managed to spread them them around in the bottom of my ordinary re-usable shopping bags to carry them back to the car. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

My goodness … it’s a conspiracy to force us all to be healthier.
Running out of ice cream is sacrilege … but wine too?

3 Likes

There is nothing missing from my Waitrose delivery today :smiley:

3 Likes

That would be bonkers. :wink:

3 Likes

Nothing missing from my Waitrose order today either Meg. :grinning:

2 Likes

On Tuesday Sainsbury’s didn’t have the oven chips that we usually have but yesterday they did.

Nothing missing from my Sainsburys delivery yesterday.

2 Likes

Every thing on my Tesco order this morning.

1 Like

Got the ice cream from Sainsbury’s that they didn’t have a few days ago.