Miserable "Thief Of The Day" Award

My choice for the “Thief of The Day” award goes to:-

The person who went into Wickes, selected a packet of Hose washers (Pack of 5 £2.50), slit down the back of the pack, and stole just one washer, before putting the pack back on the shelf.

Luckily, the cashier said, it will be on camera!

As I needed the 5 washers, I had to go back & change the pack.

(OK, I’m scrooge!)

Good job you noticed before you paid and got home. Am sure if this tea leaf had asked; he might have been allowed to have just the one from a pack.

1 Like

A real scrooge would have made his own out of an inner tube - I know I do :wink:

1 Like

I think I’ve still got it lying around somewhere Ted…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

My daughter volunteers in a charity shop. someone had pinched all the tennis balls out of a container today!

When I helped in a charity shop some years ago people used to ask to try clothes on and then swap them for their old ones. i can’t even tell you the number of times we went into the fitting room and found tatty old jeans still with the shape of peoples knees in them!

1 Like

That’s charity. I suppose that is actually what the shop is for.

A Thief is a thief.

I think Charity shops are about honest people who care looking to help people who need.

I don’t disagree but who would steal second hand clothes unless they were desperate? Let’s face it they are saving a couple of bucks.

Yes, one of our local charity shops has a day, every week, it seems, when people who have to live rough go in and are invited to change into whatever they need.

I like that approach.

2 Likes

They are, for the most part. But they also have people who volunteer to get first pick of all the donations which come in.

A similar experience…
I ordered a fitting for the hose from B&Q online and received an email to say it was instore and ready to collect. When I got to the store I was told they didn’t have the fitting, it was showing on the computer as being in stock but there was only an empty packet on the shelf, the fitting had been stolen when they went to put the item on one side .They didn’t check before sending the email and putting
the item on one side and ‘hadn’t had time to telephone’ and save my wasted journey. I was not pleased.

1 Like

We were never allowed to buy anything unless it had been out on the shop floor for at least a day.

1 Like

I could write a book about the cheapskates who used to pull up outside our charity shop in top of the range cars then try to haggle with us for something for a quid.

We have had people bring us in a small bag of donations and then they pick up a very nice item and ask us to swap so they don’t have to pay!

1 Like

Why do you think they had a top of the range car?

I don’t think, I know! We are not talking poor people. they parked right outside the shop windows.

We had such a woman one day who came in dressed up to the 9’s leaving her very smart car outside. She Was returning a bra she had bought for £2.50 because she said it didn’t fit. the Manager told her we only gave credit notes Or she could choose something else for same amount. She wandered around for ages and found something for £2 and then spent even longer looking for something to spend the final 50p on!!

Calm down. My point was that they had a top of the line car because they haggled over every quid. It was a rhetorical question.

Hi

I like Charity Shops, I am into recycling , I do not like waste at all.

I never haggle on the price and I give them far more than I get.

All good fun.