Midges in my garden

My garden is full of midges ,not that I have seen them but I am covered in their bites .
I am immune to mosquitoes and other pests overseas but these British midges love me .
I thought they all lived in Scotland ( always wondered how Scotsmen manage with their kilts ) what they are doing in Wiltshire I don’t know .

3 Likes

We have excelled ourselves in the way of Midge Deterrant. We have protected ourselves so well that they got hungry and headed off south to warmer blood climes.

Sorry. :woman_shrugging:

Now I’m laughing imagining kilted mens bitten balls hehehe. Thanks for the chuckle muddy .

1 Like

On holiday?? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

After getting mauled by midges in Scotland I discovered avon do a product called skin so soft, it’s an oil spray that smells very lemony and the midges hate it. Might be worth trying Muddy.

2 Likes

I can vouch for that too…works like a dream!

1 Like

Thank you will do :slight_smile:

They are not midges I had forgotton they are harvest mites !
They come out in August .
They are like a microscopic tick live in vegetation and climbs up your legs and bites you .
We are covered in bites but they usually die off after August ( they seem to have not realised it’s September now )

I have to get a repellant spray, Ive been covered in bites this year.

We have been to four chemists this afternoon looking for Anthisan .
All out seems the harvest mites have been particularly vicious this year .

1 Like

Have you got a Wilco near you…they sell that sort of stuff.

1 Like

No but tried Tesco as well all out .

I get bitten big time by bugs, I gather that they prefer a certain blood type…who knows?