Michael Caine and Shakira - then and now

This is a beautiful picture. Michael Caine and his wife Shakira. I’ve seen the 1973 picture a lot. Very iconic.

The 2019 picture is a testament to a long-standing marriage.

Another image from their 48th anniversary last year

More info about their relationship in this article.

1 Like

awe …

1 Like

Reminds me of a line from the Italian Job:

It’s a very difficult job and the only way to get through it is we all work together as a team. And that means you do everything I say.

I remember Shakira in the Maxwell House coffee advert. Isn’t that where he saw her and pursued her?

2 Likes

Yes. . .

That’s true love, that is. Not many celebrity marriages (or ordinary marriages if it comes to that) last that long.

1 Like

Hi

I met her once, purely accidentally .

I was going into a building and she was going out.

I always open doors for ladies, it is the way I was brought up.

I was rewarded with a flash of the eyes and a smile and a thank you from the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen and who never thought who would even notice me.

She is just naturally lovely.

2 Likes

Yes she is very lovely swims …and all natural I would say. I wonder what life was like being married to Michael Caine…Happy I hope…they.look Happy don’t they

1 Like

He lives near my sister in Surrey and when there I drive past his amazing house which is not hidden behind tall locked gates . A huge place. Apparently he’s often seen about. A lovely photo and wonderful to love each other this long in that business

1 Like