Metric weights and measures

No kidding…:slight_smile:

But you are an intellectual giant !

Sorry, you’re wrong Foxy. The major cost in making a plastic bottle is producing the virgin HDPE in the 1st place. The recycling and reprocessing costs are negligible in comparison to this.

1 Like

We need a thread on Recycling to argue about all this. :grinning:

Thinking about metric at the mo, do others have those bathroom scales like mine, where you can set them to weigh you in either Stones, or Kilo’s?

1 Like

Morning Mups… :039:
Yes I do Mups and they are set at stones and pounds.
Although I’m going to get rid of all my battery operated stuff and go back to the mechanical ones, because the batteries are always flat when you need them.

1 Like

Hiya Foxy, I’ve had my scales for several years, but only had to change the battery once.
So I wonder why yours keep running flat?

Bring back Broad Gauge, 2.13995 m (7ft 0 1⁄4 in) I say!

Despite being ten years older than my Lovely Cousin, she was brought up by her grandparents who always used imperial units. Thus, our bogroom scales are set to read stones and pounds, whatever they are.

[quote=“Fruitcake, post:203, topic:91895, full:true”]
Despite being ten years older than my Lovely Cousin, she was brought up by her grandparents who always used imperial units. Thus, our bogroom scales are set to read stones and pounds, whatever they are.[/quote]

Bogroom scales - I like that!
I’m ancient too. We lived on a farm and my father was a farmer. All the weights were Imperial of course. We had a steelyard. Maybe some will have known what they were. They were used for measuring grain in stacks and similar. The sacks were balanced by weights, 56lb or fifty sixers usually. Of course we used the steelyard to measure our own weight so no bathroom required.

1 Like

Given the current crisis, turning the calculator upside down and typing SHELL or ESSO OIL, who could have known?

Come to Australia and experience them all

Victoria - Broad gauge - 1600mm
NSW - Standard gauge - 1435 mm
Queensland - Narrow gauge - 1067mm and 610mm

?? My calculator only has numbers

Don’t you have sines, cosines, and tangents?

Yes but they are still numbers

I suppose that’s true. Metric or otherwise.

I found it catalogued in a museum (ties up with the fact that I bought it in 1980)

http://www.datamath.org/Related/Toshiba/SLC-8280.htm

And on a French ebay like site

I could be rich it’s worth at least $15

Wow. The drinks are on you then, Bruce? :grinning:

1 Like

We had a loft conversion done a few years ago, but there wasn’t room to get a shower or bath in it as well as a bedroom, so we ended up with just a toilet and “His and Her” sinks. Thus, it became the bogroom, or the “On Suet”.

1 Like

Suet? Why suet appas?

1 Like

It’s an attempt at a humorous malapropism.