Members Art work

TIL Thanks Di will get it right next time :grinning:

1 Like

I like these

Art! … I like to think my photos are art.

So I tried doing something …

thought about it for three days, played with circles (in my spare time) for a further three days.

Rubbish, I know, but just trying something for the thread. Deliberately simplistic with distortion, not sure that’s right.

Colours are borrowed from OFC home page.

Work in progress.

6 Likes

Not rubbish at all, shame we can all be like that with things we do and then show …
yes and your Photos do show a lot of emotions.

1 Like

How on earth do you do that ?

I am going to try a human again .
Done my initial sketch from a small photo which I gridded up to get it bigger .
Gridding up is where you draw a grid of lines over the drawing or picture you want to reproduce and then scale up the squares .

8 Likes

Blank canvas, draw two circle, one inside the other off centre. Draw circles around between the two big circles, then remove the big circles and colour the little ones.

So far: stuff easily done with a school geometry set. But the computer allows you to tilt and stretch.

Elementary, good fun, hoping to improve. :grinning:

1 Like

You make it sound easy I know it’s not !

i find portraits very hard and started badly by tipping paint all over my preliminary drawing .
It got everywhere .:frowning:
But will plod on

7 Likes

I don’t see whats wrong with that, Muddy. Her face is quite lovely with the shading and light, and the angle…she looks like she peering at someone without being seen to be looking!

Thank you Pixie
Done a bit on the hat
I have also changed from acrylics to oil paint .
You can paint oil on top of acrylics but not the other way around . They are easier because they don’t dry so quickly but messy for the same reason .

9 Likes

Excellent drawing, Muddy……

Thank you Mags.
I wish more people would post
Come on artists out there where are you all ?

If I were in the least bit artistic I would post for sure…I love looking at all your artwork though…we have such talented people here.

Bratti you recalled Azure…I hope she is OK I used to admire her Chinese paintings…remember those birds and flowers they were lovely.

Thank you Summer I really miss looking at Azures paintings too I used to watch out for them . it was thanks to AzureI started up painting and drawing again .
She was inspirational .

1 Like

My girl with sombrero is not dry so have to stop for a bit otherwise everything turns to mud .
So have started another back to my favourite theme

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: … a stunning picture, Muddy :+1:

Thank you Mags must get on and finish it .

Did a bit more of my human painting I am fast losing enthusiasm on this one .

It will probaby end up with the many I have given up on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s really beautiful paintings Bratti!

These are just awesome :hot_pepper:!