Matt Hancock's UK TV dream hits roadblock as agent search ends

Matt Hancock’s dreams of being a celebrity star could be on the wane as he confirmed that he is not looking for an agent. The former Health Minister who resigned in disgrace after an affair with aide Gina Coladangelo was discovered had been reportedly trying to launch an Ed Balls-style media career.

Reports suggested that Mr Hancock wanted to start a TV career after coming to the conclusion he would not be selected as an MP. He has suggested he could become a host of documentaries on subjects including dyslexia and assisted dying.

His book Pandemic Diaries: The Inside Story of Britain’s Battle Against Covid has not flown off the shelves - it entered the Neilsen book charts at number 191 earlier this month. It has since plummeted out of the top 1,000. Released in time for Christmas, official sales figures show it sold 3,304 copies in the first week and just 600 in the second.

A spokesman for Mr Hancock last night said: “Matt has had lots of offers from agents wanting to represent him, but he’s turned them all down as he doesn’t want or need an agent.”

Well, he would say that, wouldn’t he … :081:

“tanked” - INFORMAL•US - fail completely, especially at great financial cost … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Only Matt Hancock can be surprised about that. Not prepared to pay agent commission or dislikes the work offered. :-1: :x:

2 Likes

I think Hancock may have overestimated his own importance and abilities.

His ‘performance’ during covid may have not impress any future employer (Including lying about nursing homes ) , His book will of course be his truth and not necessaries the truth so I am not surprised it isn’t flying off the shelves.
I would be applying to the supermarkets for a job if I was him , his payment for ’ I’m a celebrity’ won’t last forever and he will have an x wife to support.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised Hancock’s book did not make a Christmas Best Seller!

Covid-19 cast a shadow over Christmas 2020 and 2021 - there are other things which cast a shadow over Christmas 2022, like the cost of living crisis, but at least I felt I could finally go out and about to visit family and friends over the festive season without worrying too much about the spectre of Covid - so why would anyone want to use Christmas 2022 to hark back on all the horrible details of the Covid pandemic by giving their loved ones a book called “Pandemic Diaries”, with a pic of Matt Hancock on the cover?! - just to remind them of all those daily Covid warnings from the podium in Downing Street, all his rabbit-in-the-headlights speeches, trying to defend some of the indefensible policies - receiving “Pandemic Diaries” in your Christmas Stocking would put a body right off their Christmas Dinner! -
It would be a right festive mood killer, wouldn’t it?!

I’m not sure I would inflict it on my worst enemy, never mind my nearest and dearest at Christmas!

2 Likes