'Mass brawl' breaks out on P&O cruise ship Britannia

I understand that amongst the gay fraternity cruising has an entirely different meaning …so a ship load of gays would be really cruising …

I think that post confirms why I have never fancied going on an ocean cruise.

I totally agree with Realist concerning the enjoyment and relaxation of cruising. Following the retiring of the Oriana, the Aurora is to be made an ‘Adults only’ ship and on the larger ships it’s doubtful whether you would actually see the same people twice. The hygiene on P&O ships is second to none with hand wash situated at every entrance to eating establishments and various locations around the ship. Waiters greet diners at the door with hand wash in the evening restaurants.

However, cruising is not for everyone and I would hate to convince someone to spend money on a cruise and then not enjoy the experience.

Point taken Rehab…:wink:

I have been on a Nile cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it but I realise it is different to an ocean cruise. I have also been on one of those ‘Hook of Holland’ p*ss ups and that was a nightmare - wouldn’t do that again. :-p:-p

You really do have to stop your constant squirming. No it wasn’t a fail

It says clearly per person and so does every holiday ever quoted. Do airlines quote per couple? no they quote per person as do coach tours or any other packaged holiday .

When I booked a cruise it was quoted per person I paid $2000 my son paid $2000. What did you expect?

Stop squirming, its embarrassing. You’re wrong as usual, end of story.

You’re right about the ‘per person’ on cruises Brucie, but hotels here are usually advertised ‘per room’…Just sayin’…:wink:

Yes, that is true but not comparing like with like - packaged holidays are always quoted “pp twin share” staying at these same hotels, a cruise is just a packaged holiday where you are parcelled up with a thousand or more other sardines instead of a coach full…

I prefer to think of a cruise as a five star hotel that visits exotic places Bruce…:cool:

Yep it really was a fail. You hadn’t realised that the prices were per person. I corrected you, now you’re back peddling.

These are the offers you posted up:

And YOUR comments on these were:

1. the most expensive is about £1000
  2. the cheapest less than £400

Which was wqrong on both counts

The cheapest there (in terms of actual cash) is £794
The most expensive is £2099

There is nothing there less than £400

You were wrong simple as. You figures the prices were per cabin and thus that those prices could be halved, one half for each passenger. Simply wrong. As I stated those prices are PER PERSON. You remain clueless.

Hi OGF

FYI Aurora has been an adult only ship since last March.

Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference in reality. I sailed with her many times with kids on board and you simply don’t ever see them except up top in the pools having fun. Rest of the time they are well looked after in the kids clubs which were at the back of the ship before the recent refit (they have since been converted into cabins).

Still the best ship in the fleet.

I look forward to sailing on her in the future Realist…:wink:

May meet you on her. I’ll easily spot you jogging up top

Give it a rest. Are you still competing for the title of Britain’s most boring onanist?

The OP was about bogans on a cruise, I showed that cruising is a cheap holiday, most people agree, yet you are still burbling on in the face of all the evidence as usual.

I love that word ‘Bogans’ :-p:-p What I would like to know is if they were wearing monkey suits or back to front caps. :-p

It describes some Aussies perfectly .

Yes, I like that word ‘bogan’. The word ‘chav’ was also popular for a while.

Nevertheless, I prefer the word ‘yob’, which I have always used.

I assume they are all synonymous, and that there aren’t any differentiating descriptive details.

It depends on which class of holiday you are on. :-p

You’re in luck, here is the Big Bogan at Nyngan, NSW.

Singlet, shorts and thongs seems to be the dress of choice and the indispensable Esky of course…

Brilliant! Is that outside the P&O offices? :mrgreen::mrgreen: