Marilyn Monroe

nah nothing strained comes out in the acting and just to see them together is unbelieavable!

1 Like

‘This could be
your lucky day!’

1 Like

No thanks.I believe you.

1 Like

This old photo reminds me of Kathy Kirby, a singer who seemed to model herself on MM.

Then I’m reminded of my blondie who also sang centre stage as a KK look and sound alike at that time period.
I was at that time very much into KK, so it was inevitable that my blondie and lead singer was to marry me some 55+yrs ago and we are still everything to each other :+1::couple_with_heart_woman_man:

3 Likes

Aye, you’ve got a point there, but others such as Lauren Bacall and dare I say Honor Blackman stayed beautiful well into old age, so who’s to say?

1 Like

And the Misfits (Hers and Clarke Gable’s final film).

Was stunning (and still is) in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, alongside another Hollywood icon Jane Russell.

when an actor makes it look easy and fun and sorta real to life or unreal to life then they are good believe me! - marilyn may have appeared a sleaze to some but ’ remember gentlemen prefer blondes’

I think Bus Stop was the only film she made that wasn’t a comedy or a musical (but that could be wrong)

let’s admit it we all fancied her once!! - and she did have presidents hanging off her dress tails!

My adoration for her was only diminished slightly when I saw Julie Christie in A for Andromeda but I can multitask.

2 Likes

She was also very good in Niagara. Obviously she was cast in stereotype roles because of her looks but she was a very good actress, you don’t get that far in Hollywood on just looks. Some fabulous ladies on screen in those days. They had real style and personality in those days, not just looks.

1 Like

Also “River of No Return” with Robert Mitchum, another talented but “erratic” actor and one of my favourites 
 :+1:

1 Like

I wonder what she did with all her money - did she create a president perhaps?

She was credited with some great quotes 

If I’d observed all the rules I’d have never got anywhere

What do I wear in bed?..Chanel No5 of course

A wise girl knows her limits
a smart girl knows she has none

Actually it’s worth looking up.some of her life quotes 
they show she was much more than just a pretty face.

1 Like

She also echoed Mae West’s words 
 “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”:ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

I must admit to never ever seen a film with Marilyn Monroe in. At my tender age I didn’t go in for all that sloppy stuff

:009:

Ah, but all the lumpy jumpers liked her, so the ‘sloppy stuff’ had to be endured or go without :astonished::point_right::wink::grin::+1:

1 Like

yes that’s why you keep running away from Mrs Fox!!

Some of the films she was in were quite dark. Not romantic at all.

I was brought up on westerns and war films Annie, where if it wasn’t for the Americans we would be over run by injuns and Japs

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like