Males versus Females, Odd things they Do or Say

I have a Saga to tell and it is long so maybe a serial… :zzz:
it is about us breaking down in Andorra …on our Way back to England, having had a long holiday in our Spanish Apartment in San Juan de Alicante…
Not the first time either…although our vehicles are maintained to a high Standard…Always except this time we had 5 star AA cover for Europe…
…Husband prepared his car checks before we hitched up the Caravan on the back…I see him then being rather fascinated by a cat on a Lead…
…He is chatting away to the owner in his pigeon Spanish and sure neither of them knew what the other was really talking about…the owner of the Puss was French I realised, he did not notice that though…
…Off we go on our return journey to the UK and always feel sad at that but so looking forward to seeing our Moggies…
to be continued…
Cheese and Onion Pasty to make…

We travelled for maybe half an hour and hit a steep hill…we never made it to the top the vehicle spluttered and black smoke whooshed out from exhaust…it stopped so scratch heads and then…phoned the emergency breakdown services…
they arrived really fast…got taken to Canillo a nearby village with a local Garage…Big mistake in hindsight…

In my experience, neither men or women have a monopoly on doing or saying odd things - both genders have their good and bad moments - and their funny and loveable moments! :man_shrugging::woman_shrugging:t2::face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

6 Likes

One advantage to Mrs mart being in a power wheelchair when out and about. It has a few bags attached where I can put my hat, phone and anything else. Never have to weigh my pockets down,

2 Likes

Apologies for ending my Saga just some bad news that I now need to leave the Forum for a while…

So the rescue vehicle dropped our Caravan off at the nearby campings and then the Volvo car went to this rather run down looking garage…owner was from Belgium and very pleasant …Just a 5 minute walk back to the camp site where we quickly had people talking and helping us …offers of a trip to the shops was really a good one for us…we were by this time starving…
We called in the next day to see if any repair was completed…Yes it will be ready very soon…Something about removing the thermostat seemed one thing that the mechanic had done…He was a bit worse for wear and apparently later we found out he had a drink problem and spent more time around the local bars than actually repairing vehicles
But now soon were to pay the bill and then on our way back to pack the Caravan up ready for Homewood bound …again,…

2 Likes

Waved by to other campers and thanked them for there hospitality…
We climbed the first hill and the car started heating up…it soon stopped and over heated with water.steam coming from the whatyerma call it…

We phoned the garage and they once again sent out there Truck…back to the Campings and we said right where is the nearest Volvo Garage!
They phoned them as they were the Spanish side of Andorra and they sent their pick up vehicle to get us over there…near by was the Campings we first left so booked in night by night …We had hired a Car for a few days but with it being a celebration holiday of some kind nobody was open…So we followed in the Hired car the tow truck with our Vehicle and Caravan…

That’s us at the nearest Mountain to the Camp Site which we could just see from where we were…
Typical of the roads of Andorra back then. now they have lots of bypass’s and you pay but the a to b journeys are so much easier than they were when we travelled a lot…

2 Likes

Anybody got any clues to what the problem was at this stage?
Arrived at the Volo Garage…all singing all dancing establishment…horay… :face_with_peeking_eye:
…Problem 1 the garage was to be closed for 3 long days for these blimin’ special holidays still…
so off we went wondering what was wrong with it…at least we still had the hire car so could get out and about ourselves…First time in maybe 15 odd years we had not renewed our AA 5 star European Cover,
…So bills already to be paid out…

2 Likes

They had opened the garage and got to work on our Volvo Estate and soon we got in touch with him…quite frantic by now…He said the plates i think he called them had warped…so he skimmed it within a breath of its life…well he did not speak english but that is what I imagined he said… :crazy_face:
1000 euros was the cost…he said to take it up the steepest hill with him and then see what you think of it…Up and up and up and up went like a rocket now…Had to phone my father for a loan as that was not available to us just then…was a lot of dosh at that time…tyring to recall when…we had two similar Volvo Estates one was silver grey and one was greeny grey…think this was the silver grey one…so after thant we had a Ford Transit (that was another breakdown in Zaragoza on that occasion and we had the full insurnance so got put up in a hotel with free breakfast,we stuffed and stuffed ourselves could not help being greedy then…Have you ever tried to heat a tin of Potatoes in a Kettle … :blush:
so pleased,very happy to get the Volvo back on the road…homewood bound…
Simon and Garfunkel.

What Husband done was…few last minute checks on the Car…got distracted by this cat on a lead and left the radiator cap OFF…

https://www.alltrails.com/andorra/canillo/views/photos

2 Likes

Last of the Photos…

Campers that took us shopping firstly

Campers that took us up the Mountains…

Wild Horses

View of the Camping Site from up Mountain…
You can just see the caravans in the yellow grass field…

2 Likes

My Husband loves this prog…

is it a man thing or an army thing…the shouter we would often see around Wallington Surrey and embarrassingly Husband would always greet with the SHUT UP shouting naturally…Guess Windsor Davis got pea’d off as well…I can see some fun in it but not my humour maybe…I am more stupid type jokes…
like these…
joke will pass 1

I did say Silly I like… :smile:

2 Likes

Men and women make a good team, complimenting one another.

In business nowadays, there are women on the board, not just for looks or to pander to equally. But it’s taken all this time to realise a mix of male and female input works best.

3 Likes

Top first sentence d00d!

2 Likes

In my experience women are better organised and gets lot done while blokes have only mown the lawn

3 Likes

Yeah I know the rest makes me sound 50 year behind the times.

1 Like

And the rest! :astonished:
No seriously, top first sentence :+1:

Some women seem to get carried away…

Some men want to get carried away.

3 Likes

Inside Every Man. A Child in Shorts >> Lurks.
:wink: > :grinning:> :innocent:

2 Likes

I dunno…I have never engaged in that production you claim women do, ever…
And I am 63…

I haven’t carried purse in decades…I use pockets…on my jeans or other pants…
I don’t need all that paraphernalia that women seem to drag around in their bags…
And, i have my fare ready

1 Like