Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 - C5 Documentary

https://www.channel5.com/show/flight-mh370

Episode 1
The Vanishing
In March 2014 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 vanished from radar with 239 people on board.

Episode 2
The Silence
Four months after MH370 disappeared, relatives are no closer to finding out what happened.

Episode 3
Murder at 30,000 Feet
The Government lead search for MH370 finishes, so a private company try to find the plane.

A selective view of the mystery but compelling, nevertheless.

New developments may yet provide evidence.

Yes I have recorded it will watch this weekend. Awful thing to happen those poor people . Have you watched and are you or they any the wiser ?

1 Like

My son and his family flew off to Kefalonia yesterday so I will give it a miss till they arrive back safely.

Its an intriguing case though…I think the pilot locked everyone out of the cockpit and flew at altitude till they all passed out then it nose dived into the ocean when it ran out of fuel…terrible to take all those people with you on your suicide…if that’s what happened

1 Like

I will only say that, IMO, the documentary is well-produced. Although there are a lot of “talking heads”, most of them have direct involvement either in the disappearance of MH370 or the subsequent investigations. Not least of these are surviving family members (and campaigners) who speak with a quiet dignity about their continuing fight to get at the truth.

Those who are interested should set aside a whole afternoon or evening and watch all three episodes in one viewing session (3 hours with advertisements).

2 Likes

Thanks Omah I will do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just finished watching all three episodes, and I must commend the meticulous and detailed way it was presented. Terrible to see the relatives grieving, and still not knowing what happened to their loved ones. The French guy in particular, who lost his wife, daughter, and son.Such a vast area to search, especially trying to locate the right place. A search company who looked previously without success, offered to try again, but the Malaysian government did’nt take up the offer.Will the plane ever be found? Lets hope for the poor relatives it will.

1 Like

Watching last episode and still non the wiser it must be a living hell for the families . The thing that stays in my mind is the captains simulator route that was identical to the route the plane took that night , that feels strange and why ?

I can only hope that the passengers were lacking in oxygen as possibly suggested as they flew and were deeply asleep or unconscious.

I do think new technology will find it as told towards the end of episode 3 .

Strange if the captain or one of them was intending on suicide that he flew all those hours.

One thought keeps nagging at me why were there no mobile phone calls from passengers or flight staff.

Terribly sad

1 Like

will they find the aircraft intake in the sea; in the coastline; in the forest ?? - i doubt it so why all this searching it’s gone and so have the passengers = just let it go - have your memorial services if you wish but it;s finished isn’t it? all this searching and reasoning is getting macabre?

But Gumbud it can’t be just let go , the families need closure of some sort and it can’t just be forgotten its not over . I do feel new technology will find the plane but of course we won’t know why ? How do people move on and say its over they can’t

3 Likes

I am not a conspiracy theorist but there are so many holes in the “official” investigation that doubt creeps in through them. The “disgruntled captain” theory seems to fit but there seems to be no reason for it … :man_shrugging:

Well done to the producers, though, for keeping the disappearance of MH370 in the public eye … :+1:

1 Like

Why no phone calls though ?

Was anyone aware , if so why not ring out ,even the second pilot

I’m flummoxed

1 Like

Apparently:

Many cite the 9/11 attacks and how passengers scrambled to make calls at the final moments.

However, experts have revealed why they may not have been able to do the same on MH370.

According to radar analysis, the plane is believed to have been flying as high as 45,000 feet and as low as 23,000 feet.

Yet, even at the lowest possible estimates, the plane was too high to register with mobile towers.

Additionally, the aircraft would have had to be flying at speeds of under 150mph in order for passengers to make or receive calls.

Most planes cruise at roughly 450 to 500mph, which would make the possibility of making a call impossible.

For much of its’ time in the air MH370 was also over the sea.

1 Like

Ah I see now thanks Omah . Still in my mind is the simulator route on the captains computer , the bit that says in the write up that due to a slight issue prior to take off all could gave suffered oxygen starvation, including the captain’s yet why did it go on the simulator route .

We will never know but one day the plane will be found .

1 Like

IIRC, the theory is that the captain sent the first officer back into the passenger cabin, locked the door, put on his oxygen mask and de-pressurised the aircraft (1) then flew the “reverse” route before switching to auto-pilot when heading south, at which point he may have taken his mask off to die quickly and painlessly.

(1) Apparently:

Ed Simpson, studied at Louisiana Tech University

Cabin depressurization at 45,000 feet will cause loss of consciousness in 9 to 15 seconds. Passengers very likely would not know what is occurring. Unlike trying to hold your breath, the depressurization draws your air from your lungs rapidly just by opening your mouth there would be little to no time at all to react.

But there are lots of differing theories about de-pressurisation.