Makeup can age the skin

I was told it by an expert on the subject. Having seen people in reality and on forums who have used makeup all their lives, I would say her comment wasn’t far wrong.

You can see people who never use make up with wrinkles .
Good skin is due to genetics and little exposure to sun light .

I agree with totally. I have friends who have been real sun worshippers over the years and they now look like shrivelled prunes, one of my friends who was always a sun worshipper looks 15 years older than me. I hadn’t seen her for a few years and we met up on Friday and I was so shocked at how old she looked, but I shouldn’t have been, I remember thinking that one day she would rue the day she sunbathed and used sunbeds as much as she did.

I have another friend who does the self same thing but I don’t say anything anymore because it falls on deaf ears.

I think I have been fortunate having spent so much time in the when young. Here is another frightening photo of yours truly taken a few minutes ago.

Do you realise how self obsessed you are Tara ?

No more so than you, my dear!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

No Tara I am not .
I don’t go on about myself all the time .
And I certainly don’t post selfies of myself on social media .
Still it takes all sorts .

I think you are jealous of my wonderful looks.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I am a courteous person and would not dream of commenting on your looks .

Blimey!!! That is all I can say.
The neck aways shows the age.

All I can say is, if anybody has spent their young lives worrying about what their skin will look like as they get old, I feel sorry for them.
Surely life is for living & not making sure you still look young when you get old.:lol:

Bit like rings on a tree trunk?

I totally agree Twink.:slight_smile:

Are we barking up the wrong tree?:mrgreen:

My main concerns are dealing with these night- time hot flushes.:shock:

Fling your legs to hang out of bed Sweetie … worked for me :lol:

I have tried Morti. It is my back. I even kept an ice pack beside my back. I wonder how long before they go. I suppose it is different for each person. Oh well, I am getting old.:lol:

It must be nice to be told you look younger than you are when you are old though lol . Its not always about worrying what the skin will look like, more protecting yourself from the likes of skin cancer, everyone knows what damage the skin does other than causing shrivelled skin.

I got it all behind me ages ago … rather early, when I was in my late 30’s early 40’s. The flushes lasted a good five years for me.

OMG:shock::shock::shock:
Sorry to read that you went through the change so early.
I am NOT going to ask why that is private stuff. :lol:

I guess my body clock decided it was time that’s all.
Good riddance I say … you’ll be glad when you come out the other side.

I will Morti. It is easier in the colder months.