Makeup can age the skin

I once worked with someone who was addicted to having botox. She looked really surprised all the time as it shoots the eyebrows up. You have to have it redone every three months as the effects wear off. I wasn’t impressed.

Celebs start to look really weird when they start to have fillers done all the time.

Ha! Ha! I would never be that stupid.:shock: Even though I don’t have any wrinkles, my face has plenty of scars, which I have achieved over the years as the result of some of my daft exploits. If I was vain about my appearance I would use makeup to conceal them, but I don’t.

What daft exploits ?
Do let us in on them .

Why would you be interested?

Then why mention it?

Oh??? Some secrets from Tara???

Botox and plastic surgery?
Now you’re entering a whole new level of vanity.

I might be vain in that I care about the way I look , down the colour of my nail polish but I’m certainly not obsessed with sitting in front of a mirror to admire myself excessively.I bathe, wash my hair ( let it dry on its own ) , throw on a bit of eye makeup only and that’s it. I’m done.

The thought of ironing out my laugh lines, stretching my skin and injecting needles to either plump up my lips or freeze an area is crazy to me.

The lines on my face are like a roadmap of my life and I’ve lived an extraordinary one thus far. I’ve laughed and cried more than anyone I know so feel I deserve those lines. They tell my life’s story and I wouldn’t want to change that for anything.

I might be a bit on the vain side but I enjoy life far too much to be that obsessed with my looks. And besides which, some of those women ,that have all these cosmetic surgeries ,look about as fake as their personalities.

Good attitude to have Bratti … just be comfy with yourself and make the most of what you have.

Well said Bratti.:lol:

I remember reading about an actress June Brown, she said that she liked wearing wigs, she could tape her excess loose skin up and secure it under the wig.:mrgreen:

Thanks Annie, nice to know that. I think I would like something, but when it get’s right down to it, I usually don’t bother.

I can get very expensive doing all the regular things that some of us do every month or 6 weeks…with our hair, nails, massages, wax jobs…costly…

So I was going to say…“what is a moob”, but I decided to google it instead, and I found out that you have man’s boobs.
so your profile says you are a man, I thought you were female when you first replied on here…

So I guess you were just bored, so you thought you would join in on the beauty thread and see if you can get a rise out of us…way to go Dextrous, you got me, hahahah

I would say laser hair removal is a good investment as it’s permanent. Not sure if they do it on older skin though.

That is a good thought Annie, because I have noticed, that my skin is very thin. It almost looks like it would rip very easily. I am even a bit frightened when I get the waxing done…:smiley:

Just because I mentioned the fact I have scars on my face doesn’t mean I needed to go into all the gory details. But if you are so interested here you are.

In the early 90s I tripped over and bashed my chin on the hot plate of the Aga!

In the late 90s, one of our dogs, jumped up and caught my right cheek. I was so fed up with the animal, I gave the thing away.

A year or two back I held up the iron to see how hot it was and it made contact with the same cheek!

Mind you, the scars are my face are nothing compared to the ones on my hands, arms and legs, burns, scalds, cuts etc, I have collected since childhood. They are such a pretty sight they are almost an artform!:mrgreen: My husband is always remonstrating with me for being so careless.

I never wear make up (meaning foundation), but I wear tinted moisterizer. I started using it about 5 years ago and I love it.

Do you think a lady of my age should use eye make up? I don’t use any colour on my eye lids nor do I wear mascara. I just feel I am too old to be using that. What is your HONEST opinion on that…

I have noticed older women with eye make up on, and I think they look horrible…mascara caked on and blue eye shadow.
Perhaps they are just not choosing the right thing…what do you feel about that?

Do you get lip liner that is very close to the colour of your lipstick or do you choose one that is a little darker than the lipstick. I thought it should be a wee bit darker, but in a make up store one day she told me they should be the same colour…so I bought it, but I don’t see any sense in buying the liner as I cannot see it.

Now blush, how do you put yours on, I slant mine upward across my cheek bones…is that the correct way to do it?

This has been a very informative thread Tara, thanks for starting it. :smiley:

I had a compliment from my grandson (12) today, he didn’t think I looked too bad considering how very old I am.:mrgreen:

Isn’t that cute for a 12 year old to notice that. Way to go !!

I don’t think I would describe him as ‘cute’, he is a lot taller than me. Some years ago, when he was much younger, he made this observation when I was writing using a biro, “Granny I suppose you used a quill pen when you were young?”:mrgreen:

Make up doesn’t age your skin at all! In fact, it protects it.
What ruins your skin, is not removing the make up which blocks your pores if left on.
I have worn make up all my life and l am complimented on my skin. I have a few lines around my eyes but l laugh a lot. I also had sleepless nights with five babies.
On saying that, good genes are a great help.

Tara, your claim about make up aging your skin, is a load of rubbish! Sorry. :slight_smile: