Makeup can age the skin

He he but I have no wrinkles, or whiskers realise I am very lucky but have always used lots of creams and makeup.

Ah whiskers ā€¦ another soul crushing fact of life.
Iā€™m forever plucking out a witches hair that sprouts from my chin.
My nasal hair is pretty controlled though .

Probably sticking my self out here but I can never understand why women let themselves go. By putting on weight, dressing frumpy, not making the most of their hair and face, and my most disliked is why on earth do they put up with chin hair and whiskers.

Youā€™re welcome. You are fun and loveable and come across online how you really are and yes sometimes you are difficult but so am I and so are lots of other people. These are only written words here so we donā€™t get to hear tone of voice, see a smile or a slight wink but you are so potent you can be felt.

We are so similar in so many ways but then polar opposites in others. Youā€™re the ā€˜give everyone hugsā€™ type of person whereas in the ā€˜I hope they donā€™t see meā€™ kind. Iā€™m NOT the huggy kissy type at all and in brutal honesty usually avoid people who are. :lol:But thatā€™s in real life. In forum life youā€™re a blast and I like fun people. :hug:

Itā€™s not that Blue thinks sheā€™s unpopular, itā€™s that she doesnā€™t think sheā€™s very liked at times. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s liked all the time nor do I think itā€™s important to be liked by everyone.
Thatā€™s normal.

I genuinely really like her too.
Aww love fest :hug: :hug:

I think the answer to that is a diverse and unique as our personalities. There was a time when I let myself go but it was after a very traumatic experience that left me wanting to look fat and ugly and I did look like a total frump. The added weight made me wear baggier clothes and because I didnā€™t want to feel noticed I wore no makeup and did nothing with my hair.

I didnā€™t even wear skirts , dresses or high heels for years but once I reached menopausal stage all that changed around completely. I lost all the added weight and started to really appreciate and celebrate the fact that I was a women and made it a priority to love and pamper myself cause we canā€™t rely on others to do it and it truly makes a HUGE difference to my life which, in my world, is all that matters.

But I have to add, happy wife , happy husband. :mrgreen:

I have no wrinkles as the photo, which I took this morning, that I have posted on this thread shows to be the case.

I can feel a whole new thread coming out of this ā€¦

When did you last take a photo of yourself ā€¦ and why?
For a passport? For social media? To check for wrinkles from another persons viewpoint?

Why do some people take one so regular?
I think the most recent photo of me is at least 10 years old.

When you go out with friends and they are on Facebook then lots of pictures get taken of the events. Family get togethers etc

Some women who wear make up seem to forget that as you age toning make up down is often needed. Our skin changes as does our hair shades which requires using more subtle tones.

The worst mistake seems to be with eye make up.

me too, I hate the annoying little buggers, I pluck 'em and still they come back in the same damn place! My hubby keeps telling me he can see them blowing in the wind haha

Ladies. may I recommend threading?

Its fantastic for getting rid of the little buggers for a few weeks and no allergic reactions or skin being ripped from you

Iā€™ve heard of that ā€¦ what exactly is it?
Is it like been attacked with a length of dental floss across your chops?

It is indeed :slight_smile:

But is so quick and whilst a bit stingy, its a clean sweep with no reaction and no lasting soreness

I had eyebrows and top lip done in about 10 mins and Ive still got my skin ( waxing always leaves me bleeding) and Im as smooth as a babyā€™s bum :slight_smile:

Top lip sounds painful ā€¦ but worth knowing for when my tache gets out of control. A girl can only walk around with her head lowered for so long.

Seriously Id walked past these girls who have the stands in the shopping centres and thought about it but was too shy to be sat there in full view. But Ive a wedding on Saturday and the last wedding ( daughters) I got waxed and ended up with scabs so I thought Id give it a go

Well yes you sneeze a lot but seriously its so fast its ok. And I wasnā€™t feared of walking up the high street after, no redness or soreness

Yeah the people who do that type of hair removal are really good.
Itā€™s super fast and practically painless.
I got my eyebrows permanently done years ago but I get the odd mustashe hair that I need to pluck out but I do them myself. I have one of those permanent hair removers.
This is going to sound soooo lame but I hate the thought of not being able to do all this when I get older. Luckily Iā€™m not finding any ear hairs yet:shock:

Yes! Thatā€™s where Iā€™ve seen them and was a little curious but never brave enough to venture in with shoulders thrust back and chin thrust forward.

Doesnā€™t sound lame ā€¦ Iā€™m not vain but I agree with you. Iā€™d be so self conscious about overgrown face fuzz.

That is not lame

Many moons ago I worked with a lass who was about my age now, and her mummy was in the elderly care unit and she went every day to pluck her face as she knew he mummy would have hated anyone seeing it

Im going to hate the day when Im in that bed with no nearest and dearest to come to see to me :frowning:

Im very dark. My hair was jet black. Since the menopause its disappearing from below the neck line and sprouting out above :shock:

10 years ago I trained in threading . I have done a lot of women with facial hair over the years and still do a few . I have two clients who are elderly , one in her eighties and the other who is 92. They have full face threading every 6 weeks , they love it when I hand them the mirror . Their skin looks so much nicer . I do my friend val too she has bad facial hair so one day while threading her I got a large clump of black mohair from her cardigan caught in the thread
So I pulled it up and said , blimey look at the hair Iā€™ve taken off , she believed me too !

Threading my sister is the funniest , I often say I wish I had a camera at the faces she pulls and the noises she makes , she looks hilarious as I tell her to push her tongue into her top lip or bottom lip .

Itā€™s painful and stings and Iā€™d never have it done .

Anyone want threading ?

I totally agree that itā€™s down to genes. That and not smoking or eating junk food.

In terms of wrinkles itā€™s often also down to bone structure and dental structure which determine the vertical dimension of the face. That along with the natural oils in the skin.

But none of it is down to make up. Not taking make up off at night does not give you wrinkles - I am proof!