Makeup can age the skin

Tara, your skin is wrinkle free. Awesome! :smiley:

A while back you stated that you don’t care at all what you look like but clearly you do or you wouldn’t have made this thread. You were flattered that the make up artist complimented you on your skin and you wouldn’t have posted a pic of yourself to prove it if you didn’t care. And there’s nothing wrong with caring what you look like.

I don’t however agree that it’s the lack of make up that has kept your skin looking young. Genetics plays a huge part, diet, amount of sleep as well as how the skin is maintained play a role as well.

You clearly have some good genetics, you don’t smoke and probably eat well. It all adds up.

But It really has nothing to do with make up.
Just sayin.’

I’m glad that I don’t wear it

It is true it doesn’t worry me what I look like. I have never been interested in dolling myself up to gain the attention of the male of the species, including my husband. Take me or leave me is my motto.

Oh I didn’t suggest you were even slightly vain.
I enjoy dolling myself up but I AM vain and make no apologies for it. :mrgreen:

I don’t think this is true Blue.
You’re just uniquely potent and lovable ! :lol:

Oh dear I am not sure I wish to be loveable.:mrgreen:

I haven’t worn make up since I started the change. It all ran off during the hot flushes so I stopped putting it on. I never wore much anyway.
I do have a few lines but not many & don’t think I look my age. I do have my hair done every 6 weeks though, no way am I going to be grey, which I would be if it wasn’t brown.:lol:

Tara, you are no softie, but I am sure many of us would like to enjoy your humour too.
We all have to be tough, at times, but I would think you have a few amusing stories to tell us
and I am sure many of us would like to hear them.:slight_smile:

Don’t worry, you’ve got a long ways to go:mrgreen::lol:

:-p

Now it is being substantiated. Using makeup on the face, particularly oil based ones can clog the skin pores leading to acne and pimples. It can also aggravate fine lines below and around eyes, which is a sign of aging. Talc based make up products when used, cause dryness of skin and early and more rapid wrinkling.9 Oct 2017

The makeup and environmental pollutants you accumulate during the day seep into your pores, breaking down collagen and elastin. This can speed up the ageing process and leave you with fine lines and wrinkles. Cleanse and moisturize your skin every night before bed.

It seems altogether easier to walk around with a bag on my head :lol: 
or some good mastic sealant from the DIY store.

Rubbish make up only enhances your looks.

I have no wish to have my looks enhanced, even if I looked 100.

Thank you Bratti
you are too kind (if you only knew) :smiley:

But I agree that I am lovable, forum and real life. I love my friends and I hug them and kiss them. I love my family and do the same. I am basically a happy person and just try to shower my love on many, but there there is the other side of me (of which I have little control)
where I am a holy terror.

Exactly.
And a wrinkle is a wrinkle whether it’s natural or enhanced with a smudge of artfully applied B&B cream or light foundation to try to mask it
 and usually fails

Same as a crack in a house wall prone to subsidence.

Now eyes can be another thing.
Unless an ageing eyelid becomes too hooded there is nothing nicer than a bit of mascara or eye shadow to show them knowing wise (or sultry) eyes to perfection.

I agree, I don’t know why blue thinks she’s unpopular, I really like her xx

You are, I assume lucky to still look wrinkle free! Me I rely on makeup.

Exactly Panda!

Delusional folk who think they have no wrinkles
 it’s because you look in the mirror!
If I do that I look younger than Springtime :mrgreen:

Now pick up your make-up mirror (or magnifying mirror of some description)
AND PUT ON YOUR READING GLASSES!

Now look again and tell me you have no wrinkles!! :043:

:confused: I’m expecting to get rid of mine.
I just bought a pot of cream with Dead Sea Minerals from the local Bargain shop for 1.99.