Makeup can age the skin

I got it all behind me ages ago … rather early, when I was in my late 30’s early 40’s. The flushes lasted a good five years for me.

OMG:shock::shock::shock:
Sorry to read that you went through the change so early.
I am NOT going to ask why that is private stuff. :lol:

I guess my body clock decided it was time that’s all.
Good riddance I say … you’ll be glad when you come out the other side.

I will Morti. It is easier in the colder months.

Oh they get tall fast, those boys, I can remember when my son could rest his elbow on my mom’s head to have his picture taken as to how tall he was. Of course my mom was only 4’11".

A quill pen, hahahaha, that is a good one…:smiley:

You have a “perfect” oval shaped face Tara, and your skin is beautiful…I don’t see any wrinkles at all…:smiley:

Oh, you two are a hoot! I have to laugh every time I see you guys taking pokes at each other, I think you love it…:smiley:

I agree Twinks, I don’t think I even thought about my skin until I turned about 70, then I started noticing the wrinkles and my fat neck, and I have two bald spots at each side of my forehead…then I thought “oh heck, I am falling apart”, :blush:

Morty, in my family, we all have these long fat necks. I think they are called turkey necks. Oh they are ugly. That is the one thing I can’t stand about myself. I can accept most other things, but the bloody neck pisses me off, and I don’t like wearing high collars, so I cannot even hide it.

My brother who died, had a worse one than me…but I am the worst of the girls in the family…we get this from our father’s side of the family. My mom had a nice neck.

I have noticed lately, that all the young people tell us we don’t look our age. At first I believed them, now I think they are just trying to make us feel better…hahaha

Nar, go with the notion they are telling the truth :mrgreen:

Yes Lion, I should eh? Thanks friend…(you always have something nice to say to me and you never ignore me…thanks)
:049:

Im sat here looking at wedding photos and you know something, us oldies no longer look our age

Im looking at my deceased MIL who would have been older then me now, and OMG, she’s dressed like the Queen Mum

Im just back from my Nephews wedding and I said OMG his mum is looking middle aged, and she’s close to 70 so I suppose she should be, but it was a bit of a shock cos usually we are in jeans and tee shirts and just being muckers

Missy, isn’t it funny, no matter how old we get, we don’t feel like that age. I am 76 in December, and I feel like I am only 66…I dress young, I act young, I can do most things, even tho I am in a lot of pain sometimes.

I wonder if it is like you say, we are looking younger than those before us.

I went through horrible hot flashes years ago but now that I’m post menopausal it’s all changed. I still get hot flashes sometimes but not as bad as I used to. For a while it was horrible but I took wild yam supplements.

Evening Primrose, borage oil or red raspberry do the same thing and they really work. They will also help balance out your hormones so your moods become more stable.

I am just fortunate, I guess.

No it isn’t funny, it is rather silly and I will try to ignore that woman’s jibes, I really shouldn’t demean myself by responding.:blush:

I get poked at and made fun of many times on this forum. I guess that is just what people like in the UK…everything seems funny and they always go off topic with humour at each other…

I’m hoping…
Going the way it is at the moment…
I can look forward to a contraceptive-free life in about a year or so,?

All clouds… and silver linings n all dat tang :smiley:

I think it’s called a well-developed sense of humour Blue
We’ve been a nation for a very, very long time!
The ability to mock ourselves…and then others.
has happened over centuries
But nastiness isn’t included in that
There’s a big difference