Majority of Hospitalized Covid Patients Tested Positive After Admission

This should turn some heads in government when they realise the NHS has been lying about figures and, not only that, its most likely because of incompetence and hygiene issues in our hospitals.

Reported by The Telegraph, it (IMO), throws Boris some real clout to handbag the marxists and remainers in SAGE and fully reopen the country, killing off the potential of a 3rd lockdown in September.

The mainstream media will have trouble hiding this, especially if GB News and Talk Radio get hold of it.

1 Like

Can’t read that. Doesn’t like my ad blocker.

You can always pause your ad blocker for that site. I didn’t have any issues at all, despite having an ad blocker!

Hi

I caught Covid in Hospital, tested negative on admission and a second negative test.

You do not have to be a Marxist or a Remainer to understand the NHS is not perfect.

The hard work of the staff on the frontline is however fantastic.

No problems with my adblocker (AdBlock), fortunately. I could deactivate the adblocker if necessary. Rather a pain with rejecting as much information as possible required for the Cookies though! :frowning:

Text only below if that’s of any help:

Majority Of Hospitalized Covid Patients In UK Only Tested Positive After Admission: Leaked NHS Data

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, JUL 27, 2021 - 12:00 AM

Over half of those hospitalized with Covid-19 in the UK only tested positive after admission - suggesting that “vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing,” according to The Telegraph, citing leaked government figures.

The takeaway? Oft-cited statistics published daily may far overstate Covid hospitalizations - and consequently, pressures on the National Health Service (NHS).

The leaked data – covering all NHS trusts in England – show that, as of last Thursday, just 44 per cent of patients classed as being hospitalised with Covid had tested positive by the time they were admitted.

The majority of cases were not detected until patients underwent standard Covid tests, carried out on everyone admitted to hospital for any reason.

Overall, 56 per cent of Covid hospitalisations fell into this category, the data, seen by The Telegraph, show.

Crucially, this group does not distinguish between those admitted because of severe illness, later found to be caused by the virus, and those in hospital for different reasons who might otherwise never have known that they had picked it up. -Telegraph

In June, UK health officials instructed NHS trusts to provide “a breakdown of the current stock of Covid patients” between those who were hospitalized primarily for Covid and those admitted for other reasons. Thus far, the NHS has failed to publish this now-leaked information.

Breaking it down, out of more than 780 hospitalizations dated last Thursday, 44% tested positive within 14 days prior to admission, while 43% tested positive within two days of admission, and 13% tested positive ‘in the days and weeks that followed’ - including those likely to have caught the virus in the hospital.

“Experts said the high number of cases being detected belatedly – at a time when PCR tests were widely available – suggested many such patients had been admitted for other reasons,” according to the report.

“This data is incredibly important, and it should be published on an ongoing basis,” said Prof Carl Heneghan, director of the Center for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford. “When people hear about hospitalizations with Covid, they will assume that Covid is the likely cause, but this data shows something quite different – this is about Covid being detected after tests were looking for it.”

Heneghan has urged UK officials to be more transparent with this data - including whether or not the virus was the primary cause of hospital admission.

“This needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency,” he said, adding that the currently published data could lead the public “towards false conclusions,” which exaggerate the true level of pressure on the UK medical system.

“Nearly 18 months into the Covid crisis, it is absurd that data breaking down hospital admissions still isn’t publicly available on a regular basis,” said Sir Graham Brady, the chairman of the 1922 committee of Tory MPs. “Counting all patients who test positive as Covid hospitalisations is inevitably misleading and gives a false picture of the continuing health impact of the virus.”

Greg Clark, the chairman of Commons science and technology select committee, on Monday night said he would write to Sajid Javid, the Health Secretary, asking him to publish the breakdown on a regular basis following The Telegraph’s disclosure.

“If hospitalisations from Covid are a key determinant of how concerned we should be, and how quickly restrictions should be lifted, it’s important that the data is not presented in a way that could lead to the wrong conclusions being drawn,” he said.

“While some of these people may be being admitted due to Covid, we currently do not know how many. And for those who are not, there is a big distinction between people who are admitted because of Covid and those are in for something else but have Covid in such a mild form that it was not the cause of their hospitalisation.”

The leaked statistics come from NHS daily situation reports, collected by all hospital trusts in England. -Telegraph

“It creates an impression that all these people are going into hospital with Covid, and that simply is not the case. People are worried and scared and not really understanding the true picture – that is what I find despicable,” one NHS data expert told the Telegraph.

Wonder how many US Covid hospitalizations were only diagnosed post-admission, keeping in mind of course that US hospitals are paid more for Covid patients under the CARES Act.

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, JUL 27, 2021 - 12:00 AM

Over half of those hospitalized with Covid-19 in the UK only tested positive after admission - suggesting that “vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing,” according to The Telegraph, citing leaked government figures.

My son and his covid denying anti vax facebook friends have been saying this since April last year.

Hi

When you get it it can be terrible, and not just for us oldies.

As I have mentioned previously there was one 40 odd year old heavily muscled gym fanatic who had been on a tube or a month and was being taught to eat and speak again.

Long Covid is horrible, it can affect you for years.

Majority of Hospitalized Covid Patients Tested Positive After Admission
Over half of those hospitalized with Covid-19 in the UK only tested positive after admission - suggesting that "vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing," according to The Telegraph, citing leaked government figures.

Is this a surprise 
no
We have no idea what the true figure of Covid infection among the population is, we only know about those cases picked up by testing(or with obvious symptoms ) and a part of the population has never been tested .

With a large number in the population being asymptomatic it is logical that some people admitted to hospital for reasons other than Covid than will test positive after admission. Some will be incubating the disease on admission will test positive after admission .
It is also logical that some people admitted to hospital for reasons other than Covid who have the condition will pass on this highly infectious disease to other patients and staff in spite of rigorous hygene procedures .

Where is the surprise there

I would guess the majority of symptomatic Covid patients have never been to hospital at all, they recovered at home.

One thing that worries me, about the quoted statement, is that people going into hospital will, generally, have been tested on arrival.

That doesn’t, in my opinion, say that they hadn’t already been infected before that.

If the isolation period, for hotels, holiday returns, etc, is, say, 14 days, that means that the powers that be are saying that you can’t be sure you’re clear until 14 days after the test?

So, I repeat my concern that people going into hospital could well have brought it in with them.

Sometimes statistics are suspect!

:wink:

I agree Ted :slight_smile: also there is a tendency from some aspects of the media to lack logic and common sense and to make something out of nothing :roll:

Mine too d00d

And apparently, asymptomatic carriers cannot pass on the virus until it becomes established and starts showing symptoms according to several American University studies. I’ll try and chase up the studies

So, if I understand some of these posts correctly, BJ’s government is lying about COVID hospitalisation admissions 
 :017:

Perhaps not deliberately Omah, he’s only as good as the information he receives. Or could it be a deliberate attempt to frighten everybody to death and make sure they all get vaccinated
?

Given the present situation of the large reduction in infections
reported in the media, despite most restrictions being removed
recently!
Which surely is contrary to what was expected to happen ?
Then could the reason be that the new method of reporting /recording cases
is responsible for this unexpected drop in cases ??
Just asking ??

Donkeyman!

In May my sister had to go in to hospital for a minor operation & was released the same day, but we had to take her in the day before so she could be tested for Covid. Later that day they phoned to say she was clear & could have her op.
There are so many different stories being published & that is why so many people are confused. Perhaps the medical experts should tell us the facts that they know to be true & then & the Prime minister should make sure these facts are available to the public.

I was recently told, by somebody who has a family member in hospital with Covid, that a doctor had told them the AZ vaccine doesn’t work. If that is true the public should be advised! If it isn’t true the doctor should be disciplined for giving his personal opinion on the vaccine which he cannot prove.:shock:

The more we hear about Covid, the more suspicious I become about who is telling us the truth & whether what they say is more designed to influence our political opinions than keep us all safe! :mad2:

Hi

If our vaccines did not work we would still be in lockdown.

I expect we would, but the point I was making is that no doctor should have said they didn’t work, unless he could prove it !
It made the people concerned very worried when one of their family was so ill.

Hi

Apologies, read your post wrong.

You have a very valid point.

I accept I am a prat at times.

I’m not surprised Twink
Who the hell can We trust when
all of the People in charge are saying different things about the vaccines
I’m sick to death of the whole lot of Them
They don’t seem to be showing any common sense at all
What are They NOT telling Us I wonder,
who’s right and who’s wrong? :confused2:

One big factor, here, is that it’s very difficult to take on a Doctor whom you think might be “doing it wrong”.

Many might be worried that challenging the Doctor could result in them being put on the back burner for all future cover.