Major glitch just now on my laptop

When I clicked on a post, a new page was created.
When I attempted to type, out came gobbledegook.
This was the same for all three social media sites I accessed.
Then everything was restored to normal.
Weirdness

1 Like

Gobbledegook always come out when I type.

1 Like

I’ve just been refused entry to my online banking account…
After several attempts at talking to someone over the internet, and then several phone calls and being passed from pillar to post…A nice Scots lass called Chloe explained that it was a fault at their end and nobody using internet banking could access their accounts…Bugger!
:open_mouth:

2 Likes

At least it is good to know it is not your device that has a problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I know Bretrick, it’s kind of satisfying that it wasn’t me doing it wrong…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Makes one wonder though. What happens when our device does go belly up?
No access to anything. The need to buy a new device, having to start all over.
I am waiting for the days when all access to everything is kaput.
No internet for anyone. The world will be thrown into chaos.

2 Likes

I’ve still got a 3G phone,not with Vodafone fortunately.They switch theirs off today.

1 Like

You haven’t got long before Optus and Telstra switch their 3G off too. I think it is sometime in 2024,

November I think.

2 Likes

My phone has fingerprint access, which keeps glitching and locking me out. Then asks for password…I can’t remember my passwords - that’s why I have fingerprint access!

1 Like

That must be so frustrating.
So when it glitches, how long before it rectifies itself?

Is your antivirus software up to date Bretrick? That sounds a bit dodgy to me. (Although I’m definitely not a computer expert so I could be wrong)

This has just provided one of the reasons I bank face to face and not via the phone or the internet.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s an hour, sometimes it can be all day. I do the off/on trick , doesn’t always work. I clean the screen and touch sensor. Make sure all updates are current. It’s just so maddening, especially when you only have a window of opportunity to get things done.

1 Like

You’re wise to keep updating the phone.

I use biometrics on my phone too they were great until one particular firmware update when they became a bit hit and miss. It wasn’t that they didn’t work but it might take a couple of goes to work, the problem must have been reported because it was all back to sweetness and light after the next firmware update (Samsung phone)

1 Like

This is one of the reasons why I have several online bank accounts, two of them being also current accounts.

1 Like

Is Telstar still operational?

1 Like

Mine’s a Sony

Both 1 & 2 are no longer operational, but both are still in orbit. Then a whole new lot were gradually launched with the latest 19V still working.