Maid - Netflix Series

I am watching Maid in Netflix and enjoying it.

I was surprised to discover that the main character and her mad mother ( Andie MacDowell) are mother and daughter in real life.

1 Like

That’s wonderful!

I binge watched the first season!

It was great

We watched it, quite enjoyed it, a bit girly, I cried at the end.

1 Like

It’s so nice to see you enjoying a girl power series :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought there was just one season? it was headed “limited series” which usually means that’s it.

1 Like

Oh no! I would have enjoyed a few more seasons. Come to think of it, it indicated limited series

I haven’t seen this, so thanks for the heads up, I’ll put it on my watch list :blush:

Watching this as an antidote to squid games. Which it isn’t as it’s quite an emotional rollercoaster. Appears to be based on a true story.

I didn’t realise this was Andie MacDowell’s daughter. I remember sometime in the early 80s when I used to binge on glossy magazines, Andie MacDowell was in a feature about up and coming models. This was before acting work when she was a virtual unknown in the media but had become one of the original supermodels at a time when this term wasn’t even used yet. I remember thinking she looked really interesting (unlike the bland usual 80s blonde looks) and envying her lovely hair. One of those people you would want to look like as a teen girl.

I guess her daughter has inherited her model figure and height. I don’t particularly like Andie in this as she plays such an annoying character.

1 Like

Neither did I. Wow!

I have just finished watching the series and found the ending very satisfactory. Not sure why it was described as a girly series it seemed very gritty and disturbing to me.

Girl Power as @Minx says.

2 Likes

Yes! Indeed! Some aspects I definitely could relate too :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, OK, get you now.